DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarification on US State and Federal land laws

I see above that the word "requested" is in the FAA statement. Thanks for the discussion.

Just got a paper copy of a current sectional chart in the mail and I was disappointed to read a statement on this in the bottom margin, right side. The 2000' AGL applies to National Parks, Nat'l Monuments, Forest Service Lands, Lakeshores, Seashores, etc., etc, etc. Even though this conflicts with a statement by the NPS (old?) I can't ignore it as it is from the FAA and current. I was hoping to get NP photos, but may have to make do with what I can get without overflying the parks. You can read this statement by going to the FAA site that has digital charts to view or download (has the word "Raster" in the website name).

This is what it actually says:

1552484912318.jpeg

It's only a request, not a requirement. On USFS land it only applies to primitive and wilderness. The USFS has explicitly stated that elsewhere, sUAS operations are permitted. The NPS has explicitly stated that sUAS overflight is not prohibited.

Thanks, sar104! Where to fly is the most confusing aspect of drones. This thread has been most helpful.

Reactions: sar104
This is what it actually says:

View attachment 65855

It's only a request, not a requirement. On USFS land it only applies to primitive and wilderness. The USFS has explicitly stated that elsewhere, sUAS operations are permitted. The NPS has explicitly stated that sUAS overflight is not prohibited.

Do you happen to know were a guy could find that explicit statement?

After years of putting up with all of this crap, I have concluded that there is only one law, and that is to fly safely.
Regarding the rest, don't get caught.

Well after reading all that Steve put up, no where did it say that Timber line can regulate the airspace above it's property. At least I didn't see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka