DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Class B Airspace Waiver

Paul Hobson

Reactions
I have recently applied for a waiver from FAA Drone Zone to fly and photograph a park just inside Class B airspace with a LAANCE ceiling of 0 feet. Assuming I'm granted the waiver, do I also have to get approval from DJI?

I have recently applied for a waiver from FAA Drone Zone to fly and photograph a park just inside Class B airspace with a LAANCE ceiling of 0 feet. Assuming I'm granted the waiver, do I also have to get approval from DJI?
You will need to be Part 107 certified to fly in an area with max 0 ft. AGL. I can't recall if that is evident on the waiver application.

And, yes, you will need to unlock the zone through DJI Fly Safe. Much easier to unlock before you get there. Then all you have to do is confirm the authorization.

Thanks you guys!! I only wish Drone Zone would respond as fast as you all did. I requested on 9/17 for a waiver for 10/11 but haven't heard back from them.

Thanks you guys!! I only wish Drone Zone would respond as fast as you all did. I requested on 9/17 for a waiver for 10/11 but haven't heard back from them.
The one's i have done were for 0' AGL in Class D airspace so B might require more review.

I did discover that single day requests get handled more quickly. Submitted one for a week thinking it would cover me if there was bad weather. I was contacted by FAA via email for more details even though it was similar to other single day requests they had previously approved. They said week long requests were usually related to construction jobs. I was doing video of a golf course.

What height did you request? If you requested anything over 100 feet your chances go down quite considerably. Anything over 150 feet have almost no chance for approval.

How quickly they respond is really up to the airport. It’s amazing how some airports respond right away and others don’t even look at it. I’d say based on how much time has passed they probably aren’t going to approve it. If you asked for a height above 100 ft I’d resubmit it for a lower height

Hopefully you didn't apply for waiver. You won't get a waiver. If clicked "Airspace Authorization", and you satisfied the ATC safety mitigation you should get it.

But you'll never get a waiver. Those are few and far between. And if you check current 107.41 waivers, there aren't any currently approved.Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 8.34.47 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00