DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clean Mavic Camera Lens?

Which Drone?

I would consider purchase of a simple lens cleaning cloth, similar to the one you would use on eye glasses. The Wipe you mention may work, however they can and will leave streaks, thus you need to do a final wipe with a cloth designed not to scratch a lens.

Something like this:

I have no idea if DJI uses any real glass in their optics, odds most of the internals (including the highly vaunted Hasselblad lens) are using plastic optics, both for weight and cost. Plastic can be made to high optical standards, (most eye glasses are plastic now and have been for years), but plastic can easily scratch from a cloth that has any type of grit.

Paul

Which Drone?

I would consider purchase of a simple lens cleaning cloth, similar to the one you would use on eye glasses. The Wipe you mention may work, however they can and will leave streaks, thus you need to do a final wipe with a cloth designed not to scratch a lens.

Something like this:

I have no idea if DJI uses any real glass in their optics, odds most of the internals (including the highly vaunted Hasselblad lens) are using plastic optics, both for weight and cost. Plastic can be made to high optical standards, (most eye glasses are plastic now and have been for years), but plastic can easily scratch from a cloth that has any type of grit.

Paul
.....Thank you..... I have a bunch of those lying around for cleaning my cell phone I forgot about.

Are you cleaning the lens or the glass covering. The lens itself shouldn't be that dirty and protected from most elements. A CLEAN microfiber cloth perhaps with a little moisture from your breath would probably be all it needs. Wipe the crud off first gently before trying to polish so the dirt, if any, won't scratch the lens or window.

The best way to clean / protect your lens is always have a UV filter fitted - if it gets scratched etc it is far cheaper to replace that the front element. Never, ever wipe the front element of a lens without first having dusted it off with a compressed air cleaner or special lens blower brush. Don't use liquid cleaners unless they are expecially formulated for such usage as some lens have especial coatings which can be damaged. Always make sure that any cloth you use to clean the lens is itself kept in a sealed bag where it will not attract dust or particles of grit and have a small chamois leather to dry of any mositure that gets on the lens. If flying low over salt-water always ensure that you clean the lens after every flight as otherwise any salt may attack the lens coating.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705