DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cleaning Service for Drones

MRomine

Reactions
Anyone have any recommendations for internal cleaning of a drone (M2P)? Most of my flight time is done at commercial construction sites. As you can probably imagine on some days there is a fair amount of dust in the air. Currently I am not having any issues with the drone but since I can see dust colleting on the outside most likely the same thing is happening inside.

Is DJI the only source for something like this? I just started my 2nd year of DJI Refresh.

without disassembly then there are only two choices a blast of air or a vacume

Anyone have any recommendations for internal cleaning of a drone (M2P)? Most of my flight time is done at commercial construction sites. As you can probably imagine on some days there is a fair amount of dust in the air. Currently I am not having any issues with the drone but since I can see dust colleting on the outside most likely the same thing is happening inside.

Is DJI the only source for something like this? I just started my 2nd year of DJI Refresh.
I think a residential style vacuum is your best bet, but on its lowest setting. Mine has a small slider on the business end that allows bleed air in and cuts down on the suction. I place the end just above each motor drawing out whatever bits of micro debris may have lodged in the windings. You can do the same with the vents that are located on the main hull as well. You always want to keep the suction low, as not much is required to draw air through the copter. Also, forced air or high suction can over spin the inner cooling fan and damage the bearing in it. You may have the best intentions to keep it clean inside, but doing so incorrectly can cause more damage than a bit of dust or pollen.

Reactions: old man mavic
I received an interesting email from one Australian drone supplier / service / repair company just a week or two ago.
Some of this might be of interest with the scheduled 100hr service . . . Sphere Drones . . .

Icon_SupportMaintenance.jpg

Does your Mavic need servicing?
Unless you asked, you wouldn’t know that DJI recommends maintenance on your drone every 6 months or 50 flight hours (whichever comes first).

Luckily for you, we’re on top of it.

But what is maintenance? And what am I paying for?

Our Maintenance program is carefully designed to ensure that every DJI aircraft leaving our workshop complies with safety regulations as well as its original functional and aesthetic specifications.

Here is an insight into what a 100 hour maintenance looks like your drone:

drone_service.png

How many flight hours does your drone have? Do you know how to check?

Get in touch - we’re to help.

Benefits of Sphere Drones' maintenance program:
  • Airworthiness certificates to meet your QA requirements
  • Minimises operational downtime
  • Protects against large repair costs
  • Industry leading maintenance regime
  • Perishable parts included

CDC in Atlanta has some surplus off spec swabs for sale...

Reactions: Brockrock
CANNED AIR!
Canned air runs the risk of driving any particles into crevices from where it will be hard to remove.
If you already have canned air,shake it,turn upside down,and spray a fly in mid air.If you nail the shot you'll freeze the fly and it will fall to earth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22