DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cleared cache by mistake

Jpmb

Reactions
so, I made some great videos of the Miami boat scene today when suddenly the mavic told me that my cache was full, didn't know what it meant at that moment so I clicked the clear cache button and all the videos were gone. I know found out they are all on the SD card but when I click the download button it tells me that it isn't possible to download them because they have a greater quality, they are not cashed, how do I cache them again so that I can have them on my cell phone again or download them again?

Thank you all in advance.

Reactions: SteveM
Long shot here as I am new to this but it sounds like the device you are attempting to download to does not support the video file resolution? I'm guessing your using 4K. Personally I have never had an issue by simply removing the card from the bird and using a cheap USB to card reader and using your computer. From there you can do anything you like with the video. I personally use a Apple adaptor and simply plug the SD directly into my iPhone or iPad after flight and edit. Hope this was your question?

Reactions: Jpmb
thank you so much! I will go to the mac store and buy the apple adaptor!

If you don't want to buy the adapter just pull the videos off the SD card to your computer. Once they are on the computer sync your device through iTunes to transfer the files over.

Reactions: Jpmb
I cant see why anyone is using the low quality videos from the cache for any form of editing or uploading in the first place.
Why buy a 4k capable of drone just to use 720p with artefacts and effects straight from a cache?

Reactions: MrEdCeD
I cant see why anyone is using the low quality videos from the cache for any form of editing or uploading in the first place.
Why buy a 4k capable of drone just to use 720p with artefacts and effects straight from a cache?

Guess it's because cellphones don't support 4K, if they did it would be amazing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos