DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clients prefer pro-res or medium tele??

Jay_Sneeze

Reactions
just a quick survey...

do your clients ever book the mavic 3 cine for pro-res? I find the mavic 3 cine pricing to often be more than clients can afford, so they either go with mavic 2 pro or step up to the inspire 2 to get the interchanging lens and pay a little more over the m3. If that continues to be the case, do you think clients will be interested in the mavic 3 pro medium lens?

inherently since the mavic 3 cine is so much more than the mavic 3, i tend to price it between the m2 and i2. over the course of the year, i only booked one job that required pro-res and it was not a big budget job. im considering selling it...

and trying to decide whether to get the mavic 3pro or the m3 pro cine...

Last edited:
I would not hesitate to get a Mavic 3 Pro however , there are only a select few that will benefit from the Cine and many of them do not purchase there own Equipment. That money saved can go a long way towards your hobby.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: Cafguy
There is an old rule in business and it applies to employees and equipment. It must earn double its purchase price, after paying for itself. Otherwise you really don't need it. There are times when having a special piece of equipment can act as a loss leader. If by having it for the occasional job it locks you in for a lucrative series of jobs performed with cheaper equipment.

I ran aircraft for years in Africa in relief operations and war zone support. Sounds interesting, but basically it is just a business. I had one aircraft, a DHC-5E Buffalo. Extreamly cool super STOL Heavylift transport. It was expensive to operate, so its net was quite small. It was a one off, I had the only civilian licensed one. So World Food Program gave us a contract for it that made a modest amount of money, basically not worth it for the cast of thousands it took to keep it in the air. However, we also got the contract for a dozen C208's a C550 a couple of King Airs and 3 L382-100's. We got that because they really needed access to the DHC-5 for certain applications. So it was a loss leader that locked in dozens of other contracts, which made spectacular amounts of money.

Circle back to your Cine application, as a stand alone it would need to make roughly $15K in the first year 10K after that annually. These drones have a life span of perhaps 3 years to obsolescence. Maybe more, but as the tech advances your older tech is less sellable. If having ProRes attracts clients who need it occasionally, but give you loads of normal work. Then it offsets. Otherwise, from what you're saying. It hardly pays for itself. Then the answer from MBA 101 is no, don't get one.

Reactions: Howard70
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope