DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cliffs and ships on the east coast of the Isle of Man

net_slayer

Reactions
Hey guys! I would love to share a flight (or set of flights) set on and around the coast of the little island where I live. It may seem at little dramatic but I wanted to practice editing and sound design in a different way. This one features cliff edges, a cruise ship and a freight vessel in the bay of the capital. I had a lot of fun putting this together. It was shot during the back end of summer. Enjoy! ?

Wow, I really like ... just everything about this piece. Arrangement, music, sound effects, cuts to the music... really good!

Could you describe, how you achieved all this? shots, software, workflow, thoughts? Where are your music and the sound fx from?

Last edited:
Nice video, like the train in the video. Don't suppose you know the name of the cargo ship in your footage as it looks like one that used to dock beside us.

Reactions: net_slayer
Like others have said, very, very nice! After flying for just 6-months or so, I have a new appreciation for how challenging the shots are were you swoop around objects like the boats while changing the camera/drone orientation. It's not as easy as many make it look!

GREAT video! I liked the presentation as a whole. Those steep cliffs would have been good for some reveal shots next time! Chasing ships is fun isn't it? :p

Reactions: net_slayer
Thank you all for the kind comments, I really appreciate it as I’ve spent a long time doing research and learning not only about drone flying but also film making and editing.

Wow, I really like ... just everything about this piece. Arrangement, music, sound effects, cuts to the music... really good!

Could you describe, how you achieved all this? shots, software, workflow, thoughts? Where are your music and the sound fx from?

The beginning was shot on a Mavic Air and the sequence with the ships using a Mavic 2 Pro. Reason being I just wanted to give the Air a quick flight as I had barely touched it this year. I got lucky with the boats and just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Initially they were going to be two individual videos but once I found a really good piece of music from Epidemic Sound, I decided to make it longer and put them together. I’m really happy with the results.

Video was edited using Premier Pro and I used LUTs from Spectrum Grades to achieve the right tone. I tweaked Lumetri curves where needed.

Nice video, like the train in the video. Don't suppose you know the name of the cargo ship in your footage as it looks like one that used to dock beside us.

I believe it’s the MS Arrow.

Like others have said, very, very nice! After flying for just 6-months or so, I have a new appreciation for how challenging the shots are were you swoop around objects like the boats while changing the camera/drone orientation. It's not as easy as many make it look!

It takes a lot of practice. I played video games for a good chunck of my life and I think it’s helped learning to manoeuvre the bird in the air. Definitely takes practice though to keep a steady hand.

Super neat!!! I've only heard of the Isle of Mann, but had no idea what to expect. A friend visited it to see his father's grave where he went down in WWII. Is there a cemetery there for Allied Forces?

Thanks for the info re the name of the cargo ship. After looking her up on Google I see she is a sister ship to the one I was thinking of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin