DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Clones Versus Drones - a short film by Justin Time

Looks like you had fun shooting and editing that. You did a fine job. Love the credits... "Catering by: Burger King" HA! Allow me to make a suggestion or two... How about a short paragraph of CG , just white futuristic letters over black, that sets up your story: The year is 2055. Due to a severe shortage of people willing to become police officers, cities have been using drone to patrol communities. The system worked...for awhile but then suddenly, something went terribly wrong... Something like that. Then, every time we see from the drone POV, put a graphic over that that looks like data being used by the AI in the drone to execute its operations. You've seen this in many movies, like Iron Man and the Heads-up projections on his face mask.

Reactions: Jug's Life
Looks like you had fun shooting and editing that. You did a fine job. Love the credits... "Catering by: Burger King" HA! Allow me to make a suggestion or two... How about a short paragraph of CG , just white futuristic letters over black, that sets up your story: The year is 2055. Due to a severe shortage of people willing to become police officers, cities have been using drone to patrol communities. The system worked...for awhile but then suddenly, something went terribly wrong... Something like that. Then, every time we see from the drone POV, put a graphic over that that looks like data being used by the AI in the drone to execute its operations. You've seen this in many movies, like Iron Man and the Heads-up projections on his face mask.
Very good suggestions, thanks for your support. We had similar ideas but the reality is my time available for such projects is to limited at the moment. Next episode coming out in the summer, so stay tuned! Thanks again DaveS.

For the screen overlay I had the DJI screen recording over it during editing, it looked cool, but found it distracting from the story, but yes a good idea. Know any free graphic designers lol :) I dont. In the end, perfection isnt key, I could have spent another month tweaking this, it was so much fun.

Very good suggestions, thanks for your support. We had similar ideas but the reality is my time available for such projects is to limited at the moment. Next episode coming out in the summer, so stay tuned! Thanks again DaveS.

For the screen overlay I had the DJI screen recording over it during editing, it looked cool, but found it distracting from the story, but yes a good idea. Know any free graphic designers lol :) I dont. In the end, perfection isnt key, I could have spent another month tweaking this, it was so much fun.
A series would be fun. I know what you mean though, you get started on something like this and fun turns into a ton of work if you keep fussing. Still though, you made a fun little video and a little more polish wouldn't hurt. You can purchase some amazing HUD-type overlays for not too much money. Here's a good resource: Interface: 400+ HUD Video Assets from RocketStock They are customizable and always high quality and you can combine several if you want. Good luck. Let us know when the next episodes come out.

Nice find, ill look into those assets.

I’ve not kept up with it recently, but the video editor now known as Hitfilm was the absolute go-to choice for some excellent effects for light sabers, ray guns, explosions, muzzle flashes, etc. The VFX of choice for many a home-brew scifi film!
PS. This looked like a lot of fun!

I was entertained! Not your average drone video for sure, and well put together!

That was actually quite superb!

Paul.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan