DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close call with a big bird

Nothing-2-see

Reactions
went flying out in the cold at lunch toady, some good stuff and neat to fly over a heavily frozen lake. Then I spotted a bird. I did not know what it was, thought a vulture, or red tail maybe.
But it was neither.

Attachments

• AAB40D7D-3239-4E0E-B9C2-57C4BB80DEFB.jpeg
    AAB40D7D-3239-4E0E-B9C2-57C4BB80DEFB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
You were lucky . Welcome to the forum Thumbswayup

Reactions: Trooperh
You should be careful what you post. It is great footage, but there are fish and wildlife people that scour forums and YouTube looking for violations. I can see how they might interpret your flight toward the bird as harassment of the eagle as opposed to flying along and a bird happens to cross through your camera view. I was at a drone meetup last year and a bald eagle decided to cruise over the flight line at about 20 feet. Somehow NO ONE managed to get a single picture or video.

5. Will someone PLEASE tell me if I am missing parts of these posts, or if people are reading more into them than is in the original posts? I just want to understand.

FLY RESPONSIBLY SAFE, AND HAVE FUN.
No, I don't think you are missing anything. I agree with you, there is too much immature, one up menship. I come here to learn of great accomplishments and how they did it, disasters and what happened so I can avoid it, tricks and tips, and some really nice videos that show the capability of our flying cameras.
Keep flying everyone, and have some fun while you are at it.

Sorry for getting everyone excited.
It’s hard to hide from politics these days.
This is a relatively good place to do just just that.

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice.

went flying out in the cold at lunch toady, some good stuff and neat to fly over a heavily frozen lake. Then I spotted a bird. I did not know what it was, thought a vulture, or red tail maybe.
But it was neither.

Come on???? That is too awesome! Good for you! They are stating to come back around. There are a few in my area. I usually see a half dozen or so through out the summer. Every time I see one it makes my day. They are amazing creatures. Some are so massive sometimes i Don’t even believe it. They look like a dinosaur they stand so tall. I’ve seen some up close on docks within ten feet of my boat. They stand at 3 feet tall on average. And the wingspan is usually at least 6 feet. He could grab your drone and crush it in his talons without breaking a sweat.

But it was neither.

What state was this in?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee