DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Club 3-Mile

3.65 miles. For distance trips I always go out against the wind, with the front sensors off and come back (about 30 seconds after it tells me to go home) in sports mode. Don't know if that is the best way to do it, but that's what I do. Landed this one with 14% battery left.

View attachment 14376

That without a doubt is impressive. I'm not sure what it is you're wanting to show in the posted image though?

Do You guys get video feed when over 1 mile. I haven't gotten over a 3rd of a mile yet, but scared to loose video feed.... I would panoc and hit Rth.... Idk what else you can do if your screen is Grey...

I have always gotten video. But if you were to have a drop-out, you have rth, or you can use the map to fly back with.

I have always gotten video. But if you were to have a drop-out, you have rth, or you can use the map to fly back with.

Is it possible to loose video feed and the map option?

Also, are you likely to loose video feed when in a Suburban area flying a mile?

Is it possible to loose video feed and the map option?

Also, are you likely to loose video feed when in a Suburban area flying a mile?

No you should not lose any video unless you have obstructions between you and the aircraft.

Take this advice and use it like visa gold.....Anytime you start dropping signal, increase the aircraft's altitude 50-100ft. This will help get you out of several situations.

Do you know you should always point the Flat side of the antennas toward the aircraft for max reception?

It's time for a club that gives a little recognition to those that accomplish the 3 mile task. Yes there are Mav Pilots that have flown much further, but 3 miles is a distance that can be flown with the stock battery in place.

Earlier this week I finally had weather that made for good flying. Prior to this I had issues with the app & firmware combo. I installed a combo I felt good about but my attempt at setting a new personal distance record was going to take place with no pre testing.

I flew the flight and up to the turn around point, it was awesome! Just as soon as it finished rotating, it took a turn for the worse. 1st thing it began dropping both signals which lead into total loss of video completely. I wasn't worried as it was coming by RTH. I noticed the gps satellite reception was in super great shape at 20. Something that surprised me a lot was the headwind at turn around. At ground level there was no wind, at 800ft it must have been 10-15mph as the aircraft was into a -24 flight pitch and some 15mph slower. The norm for the RTH speed is around 22mph where because of headwind it was then at 15mph. Right away I went into lowering the altitude at a steady rate. The goal was to reduce altitude in hopes of less headwind. I managed to reach the halfway back home point and the video restored. Shortly after this however, 400ft from reaching home point I got jacked by the Critical Battery...and the decent downward was under way. This was totally new to me as I had never experienced a critical battery decent. As soon as I saw there was no chance of increasing altitude, my fingers started going everywhere on the controller sticks. And then....about 5 seconds later it began to rain. No doubt an event I wont be forgetting anytime soon.

Frank - newbee question. what app gives you that cool display?

Cool,video frank, you've got dash ware dialed in man. Glad you got it back hope the hard landing wasn't too bad, looked like conditions turned on ya. I would have done the same. Keep em comimg

So far I've only had the nerve to fly out to a little over 2 miles. I prob would have gone out further but it was fighting a pretty good headwind outbound and since I'm not familiar with how much battery it will use on long range flights yet I will wait for calmer weather before trying for longer distance. Lots of wide open desert here make it a perfect testing ground :)

Furthest i've dared to venture so far is about 400m :(

After hearing stories of fly aways i'm scared to let it out of my sight lol

Reactions: Guker and dufferso

*flyaways* sounds like such a disaster... I'm surprised it even happens... Does dji back us up. In thay type of situation?

Silly question here :
Distance shown inside the flight record is indicating :
A. Total range covered in that particular flight (like flying in a circle?) or,
B. Range from take off point to the farthest point before returning home in that particular flight (like point A to B?)

Reactions: NaiveFlight
Frank - newbee question. what app gives you that cool display?
It's called Dashware.

Cool,video frank, you've got dash ware dialed in man. Glad you got it back hope the hard landing wasn't too bad, looked like conditions turned on ya. I would have done the same. Keep em comimg

Thanks. Btw, some of what you saw and heard were special effects.

Reactions: Guker and Bandit287

As long as you have calibrated the compass near Home Point , made sure home point was recorded before leaving home point, and have a connection with plenty of GPS satellites you should never have a flyaway or need to be worried.

Silly question here :
Distance shown inside the flight record is indicating :
A. Total range covered in that particular flight (like flying in a circle?) or,
B. Range from take off point to the farthest point before returning home in that particular flight (like point A to B?)

It shows the farthest distance from HP, and the total feet traveled since takeoff. and shows the the miles traveled.

I've increased my furthest distance to 1.2km now, Everything was fine. Although, my flight didn't record to my flights on my profile on dji go4 app. Strange!

I've increased my furthest distance to 1.2km now, Everything was fine. Although, my flight didn't record to my flights on my profile on dji go4 app. Strange!

How was video feed? How was signal? What environment? (trees? Flat plain)? How high was the drone?

You may need to reboot the device you use to host the GO4 app.

How was video feed? How was signal? What environment? (trees? Flat plain)? How high was the drone?
I've flown 5.2km, mountainous area, lot's of trees, at 122m altitude. I never lost my feed. I would have flown further, but I ran out of battery.

Video started pixellating at furthest distance. Remote signal seemed fine. It was slightly hilly and I was flying at 120m but went down to about 80m I think. Battery stayed above 50%

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez