DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coconino National Forest: Unmanned aircraft system used on Maroon Fire

Shame...I get this error message.??

451: Unavailable
The page you are attempting to access is not available in your country.

Shame...I get this error message.??

451: Unavailable
The page you are attempting to access is not available in your country.
Part of the story
FLAGSTAFF, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- Fire crews used an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) on the Maroon Fire this Saturday, reported the Coconino National Forest on its Twitter page.
The UAS was used to drop aerial ignitions on the fire in a cinder basin east of Flagstaff near the area of Leupp Road.
A temporary flight restriction placed over the Maroon Fire area due to the aerial ignition operations.

According to the Coconino National Forest, this is the first time this type of equipment was used on active wildfires.

This is an area known for unique weather patterns. Historically, according to the Incident Information System website, this area has warmer and drier conditions due to a topography that usually covers it from a majority of rainfall. The volcanic soils and vegetation at the cinder basin can cause water to drain and dry out fast.
These factors caused the Maroon Fire to slowly spread, the Incident Information System added.
The Maroon Fire is currently at 4,340 acres. It began around 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 16 due to lightning.

The Coconino National Forest warned the public about possible smoke from the Maroon Fire that could impact driving conditions.

->> Click/tap here to download the free azfamily mobile app.

Copyright 2019 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

+2

Coconino National Forest

+2

Source: Coconino National Forest

Reactions: Porky
Haha. I can just see it now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Forest Service,

I would like to report a crime. While I was out hiking south of Sunset Crater. I witnessed a drone starting fires in the forest. Thank god I had my shotgun with me, for bears of course. I immediately pulled it out and attempted to stop this fire starting drone. I only got off a one shot before it was out of sight. I could not give chase as it was moving to fast. I am pretty sure you will be able to catch them as it looks like the culprits are bragging about their deeds on social media!

Signed,

LOL

I don't watch either, I have no TV , I'd have to be nuts to pay the crazy prices to watch 20 mins of commercials for every hour of a program, but I skim thru the major news articles on the internet.

Reactions: Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661