DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Cold Flying in the Catskills

dronertv

Reactions
Site
droner.tv
I spent a few days earlier this week in the Catskills. I wanted to fly my drone more but it was cold. The high temp was 4ºF. I kept the flights short, but the gimbal did not seem to like the cold. It was making a lot of noise in protest when I landed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes we have seen much chatter with the cameras in the extreme cold temps. Much more with the Mini than any other drone . But your video came out nice and clean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and the Extreme Cold

Yes we have seen much chatter with the cameras in the extreme cold temps. Much more with the Mini than any other drone . But your video came out nice and clean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and the Extreme Cold
Thanks. The focus seemed off just a bit on a couple of the clips. I think it might have had something to do with the cold because it was more pronounced at the end of my flights than at the beginning. I notice it more watching the video natively on my computer than watching it on YouTube.

I spent a few days earlier this week in the Catskills. I wanted to fly my drone more but it was cold. The high temp was 4ºF. I kept the flights short, but the gimbal did not seem to like the cold. It was making a lot of noise in protest when I landed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice video. I fly in the cold out here in Colorado pretty often, when the winter winds allow. The only difference I experience is the shorter flight times with my Mavic Air. Winter allows for great great flying and beautiful scenery. Happy and safe flying!

So far with my Air 2S anything colder then -10°F when I yaw I start getting a horizon tilt. No noise from the camera that I have heard yet. I have flown in minus 20-25 temps this month but that is the only problem so far. The tilted horizon is easy to fix in post.

Nicely edited!

What kind of chase plane were you in to maintain VLOS? I live in similarly wooded, hilly area, and there's no way I could make such shots, keeping VLOS, while on the ground. Just saying...(the risks we take for art?)

I used to live in NY and spent many a vacation day in the Catskills. Could you tell me the area you flew in? Thanks!

So far with my Air 2S anything colder then -10°F when I yaw I start getting a horizon tilt. No noise from the camera that I have heard yet. I have flown in minus 20-25 temps this month but that is the only problem so far. The tilted horizon is easy to fix in post.
Yeah, my battery was warm when it returned. Didn't seem like there were any issues with the motors. The only sign of protest I got was from the camera and gimbal.

Nicely edited!

What kind of chase plane were you in to maintain VLOS? I live in similarly wooded, hilly area, and there's no way I could make such shots, keeping VLOS, while on the ground. Just saying...(the risks we take for art?)
If you watch the last clip you will see me. You will also see a wide-open area on the right as I pan out.

Nice and thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinnn