DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color Correction and Grading - how to do it well?

dante0

Reactions
Hi all,
I am new to Drones and Da Vinci. Being perfectionist (learning to let go! :D), I would like to do things at least somewhat properly.

I have watched a number of tutorials regarding how color grading UI works in Da Vinci. That's all nice, but... none of these tutorials seem to explain what I'm actually supposed to do :-D. I'm increasing saturation and shadows... till when? What is good? What is too much? Alas, I don't have sufficient knowledge to make the call. Yes, I know it is more of an art than science, but there is bound to be some 80/20 best-practice which my autistic mind can follow.

I appreciate that one can take the whole university degree in professional video editing but... would you happen to know any videos or courses which (in a nutshell) could give me some idiot-proof explanation or workflow?

I watched this 4h DaVinci tutorial (great overview) and this brief DJI color grading tutorial (interesting, but lacking the what and why behind the how).

... or, perhaps, is the answer "shoot with Mini 4 Pro in HLG, apply Davinci YRBG Color Managed to the whole timeline, don't make any adjustments beyond minimal ones / if you really feel like you need them, you'll be good to go"?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

It would be very difficult for anyone to help much via a forum. Every image has different qualities or issues. The best that I can suggest is knowing the ins and out of your software. I use Photoshop myself, and knowing what it is capable of is very important. I would search for more tutorials and watch them (maybe more than once).

Then practice! Practice makes perfect :)

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll