DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comments you get while flying your drone

I had a couple ask me if i could photograph their house last week ...

I am still somewhat new to flying but in Sedona the other day a girl asked "Who are you spying on?" Thankfully my wife responded quickly while I was in mid-flight. My response would've been a lot less pleasant than my wife's...

A kid yesterday basically raced over to where I was standing all excited and wanting to see the iPad display of the drone in flight.

Reactions: creflo
I was flying on the edge of our small town and the same kid came up to me 3 different times telling me that I stole his friends drone and was flying it without his friends permission . Once when I was landing it he came running up and he said he was taking it back to his friend the owner .
I was starting to see red
Then what?

Reactions: Pioneer007
I was flying on the edge of our small town and the same kid came up to me 3 different times telling me that I stole his friends drone and was flying it without his friends permission . Once when I was landing it he came running up and he said he was taking it back to his friend the owner .
I had a women ask me if I look into peoples windows....I said NO! I'm working on my search/rescue permit. She walked away. lol.

Reactions: Porky
Almost all of my flying is in remote locations so I never see anybody.
I was in Europe last year and had a few people ask me questions, when I tried to reply in extremely bad Portuguese they just left.
Cheers

“Is that the maverick professional.”
“Can I buy that at wal-mart”
“Will it go to the clouds”
“You only get 30 minute flight times?”
“Do you have to register with the fda?”
o_O:oops:

Yes! They are really asking these questions... Those are just a few that I get

I would have whooped him if he went to grab it... then his daddy would have got some too

Reactions: kyle mavic
I have been asked that as well but having a kid accuse me of stealing his ( buddy’s ) drone sticks in my mind .

My answer these days is always “hang on a minute mate, my licence says that I'm not allowed to talk to anyone while its flying. If you want to wait 30 minutes til I land, I'll be able to talk to you”. Of course they keep asking but i just ignore them. I hate people:)

Reactions: Drgnfli
Q1: Is that hard to learn to fly?
>>>>>Me: No, not at all, would you like to try it?
99% >>>“Nah, it just looks like it would be fun”
>>>>>Me: To myself only, “so does your wife!”
1% >>>“Yes”

Q2: No Q, just offers!
>>>Me: “No, I really don’t want a beer right now, do ya have any weed?”

I also got the UFO one before. The funny part is, I heard it after the news had spread.
It was also reported on a UFO website. Crack myself up every time I think about it.

I have kids ask if they can drive it next, Cuz matter of fact they got one with a camera at home and it cost $60 and theirs does flips.

No, and please don’t throw things at it.

I get a kick out of letting folks (rarely kids) use tapfly in wide open spaces.

Reactions: Sniperfritz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661