DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commercial Drone Pilot

liverpool123

Reactions
Hello guys,

I am after a bit of information. I'm a UK based TV Producer. I initially bought my Mavic Mini for fun. But, because of my profession, I am often asked if I can bring my drone along on shoots to add as a second camera. I have CAA registration and am a member of the BMFA.

I would like to be able to charge companies for using me and my kit but I don't really know what exactly I need to do this. Does anybody know what I need to do to be able to use my drone commercially please? Do I need to complete a specific course? Do I need certain insurance?

If anybody knows any of the above then please let me know.

Many thanks

In the US, you would already be considered a commercial drone pilot that required a part 107 license, even though you are not charging.
I don't know the UK equivalency, but for legal and liability reasons, I would stop until I obtained the proper licensing.

In the US, you would already be considered a commercial drone pilot that required a part 107 license, even though you are not charging.
I don't know the UK equivalency, but for legal and liability reasons, I would stop until I obtained the proper licensing.
Thanks - I haven't actually done any filming so I'm okay. Hopefully somebody from the UK can help

Reactions: BigAl07
New Part 107 pilot in US.
Question…on business cards, would you put your FAA certification number?
…or just “FAA Certified Remote Pilot” with no number?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1