DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Common sense. Wind speed for Mavic 2

Exactly, always start flying against the wind, check the speed. If it lower than 18km/h I land straight away.

It's very rare that the wind are more than 72km/h, but it happend once for me when snowboarding, have to land it and walk in deep snow to pick it up :)

Here's an example of gusts up to 17m/s:
Wow! A little long, but cool. Cringed as the sailboard approached the rocks at about 1:38 remaining.

Reactions: surfbird
Yesterday was 17km (11miles) /hour. Mavic 2 had no problem. But I can see it was tilting to lock into position.

By your experience, at what wind speed I should stop flying. I am only 2 weeks into this hobby. Just want to be safe and aware of what other people do.

Thanks

the trick is not the wind speed at the ground level but speed at the desired altitude. have you ever flown a kite? even at 20m altitude wind is not as on the ground - it is difficult to get kite up, but once high enough it is not going down, right? drone usually will go to 100m or so level - it is where you need to check. setting optional atti mode helps - this way you can get to atti and see with your eyes how fast drone will be drifting away.

generally, as long you you fly against the wind on the way out to make sure you will go back with the wind - there are no big issues, presuming it is not a hurricane.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito