DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compas Calibration

For those of you that need to re-calibrate every time.
Are you in a city?
Are you close to cars, other large metall object?
Have you tried it area with no metall, no bag with metall, no watch area?

I get re-calibrate some times, (one out of ten times). I do not use a watch.
As I said, I'm not near any metal. It's happened in fields, on beaches, in the woods, with no metallic objects within hundred of metres.

I do wear a watch, but it's fully titanium so non-magnetic. I can't be bothered to take my watch off every time I I have to fly the Air if it is that.

I have this problem with my Mavic Air too. There are definitely no nearby magnetic metal objects when it happens.

I usually have the calibration problem as well but after the last update it kinda stopped and doesn't nearly as much ask anymore. It used to make me calibrate every time I started it up or changed batteries.

CC almost evertime. No watch, braclet, even car keys. Sometimes if the same spot not needed. I fo take it around. But yeah, 8/9 out of 10 times calls for calibration. Keeps me on my toes, with my other birds, But a pain.

I have this problem with my Mavic Air too. There are definitely no nearby magnetic metal objects when it happens.
The biggest surprise for me is, when my MA needs calibration, my friend's Spark just takes off without any calibration need. At this one spot last week, my MA refused to get calibrated after trying for 5-6 times whereas the Spark just flew (There were a few electric wires nearby). I gave up, waited till his Spark finished all the juice and moved to new place where my MA was finally able to calibrate.

Edit: I have learned to remove my watch (not smartwatch) every time I calibrate but that doesn't seem to have any effect. If my MA needs calibration, it needs it.

I have hard time figuring out how the electromagnetic interference does not seem to affect other DJI drones while the MA takes a dump every time you try to fly.

My Pro was all nuts asking and getting compass faults. I used the C-fixer and problem solved

My MA asks for every **** time I fly it. Doesn't matter if I travel or not. As soon as I switch batteries or restart the drone it asks for calibration.
Me too.. The same thing, almost all the time before flight I have to recalibrate the compass. It shows strong interference.

Change the battery, recalibrate the compass.

I also did the calibration of compass using the DJI assistant using the computer and calibrated the IMU.

Same thing. But on my last flight, I noticed that sometimes, when I changed the batteries and restarted all the stuff, including remote controller and DJI GO, the aircraft did not ask to calibrate when I changed the batteries.

Unfortunately, I could not test it again, because it was to windy..

Me too.. The same thing, almost all the time before flight I have to recalibrate the compass. It shows strong interference.

Change the battery, recalibrate the compass.

I also did the calibration of compass using the DJI assistant using the computer and calibrated the IMU.

Same thing. But on my last flight, I noticed that sometimes, when I changed the batteries and restarted all the stuff, including remote controller and DJI GO, the aircraft did not ask to calibrate when I changed the batteries.

Unfortunately, I could not test it again, because it was to windy..

I have found that if l am doing multi flights, if l restart controller, get out of DJI Go and back into it, no calibration needed. Maybe old habit from Phantom 2 days, had a brief fly away after switching out battery, The system needs to reboot.

Mavic Air Compass Calibration- UPDATE. I wrote that I had to frequently Compass Cal. Recently I have made a concerted effort to have my M Air far away (4-5 metres) from anything... Even avoiding a landing pad... though I dis use it a few times. ( I have yet to do a controlled test...but) I have not had to C Call. in a good while. I have gone to several different spots, days apart... etc. and have not had a C C prompt yet. I have checked the sensors, OMU and Compass just to be safe. All has been good. So... it seems, start up your bird a good distance from anything, backpack, other batteries even controller. It seems to be doing the trick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz