DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration issues

I live in Calgary, AB Canada... But Currently on a holiday trip to Toronto.. Thought I'd be getting good footage here. The Camera Store won't accept returns on it, so I have to mail it in directly.. This is very upsetting.. Sending support an email now.
I hope that the camera store you purchased from is a authorized DJI Dealer.
If not, you could be out of luck. DJI will not honor warranty if Dealer is not authorized. Hopefully this is not the case.
Let us know how it go’s.

Are you by chance wearing a watch or any heavy jewelry? Sounds crazy and simple, but I had same problem no matter what I tried, then someone here pointed this out and I WAS wearing a heavy bracelet....took it off and never had problem again.

48 hrs into my Mavic Pro ownership and I've just done the same thing.

Followed the calibration instructions, for ages, in multiple locations, and eventually after much turning and arm waving it calibrated. Took off for maiden flight, banked heavily with no control, hit the ground hard and now have a broken gimbal flexi and dented body.

Want to cry.

Livid isn't the word.

I'd just updated to the latest software, and even checked the compass interference screen which showed both compasses as "good" with v low readings in green.

Can anyone help please? I bought it at the Apple store in Seattle but am about to fly home to the UK.

I'm having the same issues. I can't for the life of me get the compass calibrated and didn't want to fly it without the compass calibrated. I've had this two days and all I've done is struggle with this. I've seen and replicated all the tutorial and youtube vids etc. I'm about ready to smash it with a hammer and throw it in the trash.... then I can and just move on with my life. So frustrated. =(

It does give me a message under the calibration directions (white type in crimson box) but I can't read what it says b/c the calibration directions are on top of the message and they only stay there for a half a second.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark