DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration - Method changed?

That changed. It used to show horizontal position and then nose down. At some point it changed to horizontal and then sideways. I don't use the new way. I use nose down on second part.
My platinum which arrived last Friday with an immediate firmware/software update shows nose down when calibrating compass.

When I first got the Mavic Pro I believe I was instructed to first rotate the Mavic Horizontally (anti clockwise), and then have it nose down and rotate it.

Now it looks like the wording of 'nose down' has gone and on the app it shows the Mavic on it's side.

Which is the correct way to do it?
There is a calibration for the MUI or UM I where you need to put it on its side
When I first got the Mavic Pro I believe I was instructed to first rotate the Mavic Horizontally (anti clockwise), and then have it nose down and rotate it.

Now it looks like the wording of 'nose down' has gone and on the app it shows the Mavic on it's side.

Which is the correct way to do it?
There is a calibration that requires it to be in its side. It's called UM I or something like that. IMA, UIM...One of those acronyms.

There is a calibration for the MUI or UM I where you need to put it on its side

There is a calibration that requires it to be in its side. It's called UM I or something like that. IMA, UIM...One of those acronyms.

Aware of the IMU calibration process but we're talking about the compass calibration here. The app is showing a different method recently.

I would follow the most current compass calibration as far as the orientation of the Mavic, I would suspect DJI has a good reason for the change.
The method has not changed. Either way works just fine. Give it a shot and you'll see ;)

Reactions: Clinton1
Another unsuccessful “flight”.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI go app and tried to calibrate the compass. Compass still won’t calibrate. Tried to fly without the calibration and it gets maybe 2’ off the ground and starts spinning then crashes. No damage yet as I’m always in a field.

What could be the issue? Is there a way to completely reset drone and recalibrate IMU/Compass?

This is what I see on my screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would REALLY. Love to take tovthe sky
Is it just me, or do these photos show that the problem is more the IMU than the compass?

You've said you've done the compass calibration. Have you done a good IMU calibration? If not, try that and then calibrate the compass.

And obviously make sure when you're doing the compass calibration that you don't have much metal on you --- no watch, cellphone, big belt buckle --- and you're away from buildings, concrete, gravel, powerlines and so forth.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Is it just me, or do these photos show that the problem is more the IMU than the compass?

You've said you've done the compass calibration. Have you done a good IMU calibration? If not, try that and then calibrate the compass.

And obviously make sure when you're doing the compass calibration that you don't have much metal on you --- no watch, cellphone, big belt buckle --- and you're away from buildings, concrete, gravel, powerlines and so forth.
i understand concrete because of embedded rebarb but gravel?

True, but those are such a pain to load in my Jeep if I end up needing to calibrate in the field for some reason.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
257acu