DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass calibrations while invoking Litchi

Gayle Dotts

Reactions
Litchi wants yo to get out of GO4 to start and run Litchi. Problem is there is no way to start a compass calibration while in Litchi now that you have exited GO4. Please advise.

Litchi wants yo to get out of GO4 to start and run Litchi. Problem is there is no way to start a compass calibration while in Litchi now that you have exited GO4. Please advise.
Why do you want to recallibrate the compass?

Litchi has a compass calibration process, it's in the settings menu under aircraft

1601826112978.png

Reactions: dawgpilot
For Android Go4 setup {no litchi) I would go as follows:
1. Tablet on
2. Connect tablet with controller via cable...extend antennas
3. Controller on
4. Go4 app
5. Aircraft on
GREEN DOT on opening screen....hit FLY!...see camera view from aircraft
5. Go4 Aircraft status menu to Calibrate aircraft to location Houston or Alabama
6. Takeoff!!!

What preflight would I use for Litchi?....please advise.

I have an Android phone Note 8 and a Samsung tablet Aircraft does not appear in Litchi for me.

I used to have a Note 8 and compass calibration definitely showed up in Litchi for me. I did it multiple times in that app.

I mostly use Samsung Tab A where does it show up in your Note 8?

Hit the Settings button on the top right of Litchi. Then hit the Aircraft button. Scroll down, and there is a button that says Calibrate compass.

20201004_223205.jpg
20201004_223227.jpg
20201004_223241.jpg

My home is in Houston... my beach house is in Gulf Shores Alabama would need to establish home.
Except calibrating the compass really has nothing to do with that.
Why not just stay In go4 And calibrate the compass?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want to recallibrate the compass?
I have had a problem with DroneDeploy and Pix4d on Mavic Air (1). The drone will not connect. The only reason I could figure out was that the compass was out of calibration (which happens constantly with this bird). I have tried manually calibrating the compass, but to no avail. You do not use Go 4 for DD or Pix4d or Litchi.

Therefore, I make my own request as to compass calibration while not in G04.

I have had a problem with DroneDeploy and Pix4d on Mavic Air (1). The drone will not connect. The only reason I could figure out was that the compass was out of calibration (which happens constantly with this bird). I have tried manually calibrating the compass, but to no avail. You do not use Go 4 for DD or Pix4d or Litchi.

Therefore, I make my own request as to compass calibration while not in G04.
The compass has nothing to do with connecting.
You should only have to calibrate the compass once unless you add magnetic material to the drone.
It just subtracts out the magnetic (iron) material in the drone,

Last edited by a moderator:
The compass has nothing to do with connecting.
If the compass has nothing to do with connecting, can you tell me why DD and Pix4d regularly refuse to connect with the drone?

If the compass has nothing to do with connecting, can you tell me why DD and Pix4d regularly refuse to connect with the drone?
No i can't but it is not the compass. How would the apps know about the compass if they can't connect for one thing.
They two are just not related.

You should only have to calibrate the compass once unless you add magnetic material to the drone.
Except that for some strange reason known only to DJI, they make some of their more recent models force you to recalibrate every 30 days or outside a small distance from the last flight location.
The drone would have to be connected to know the drone "requires calibration".
If Pix4D is like DD it has a checklist before it will allow takeoff and on detecting the "requires calibration" condition, the process stalls?
If you hit that roadblock, does closing the mapping app and calibrating in Go 4 fix things?

No i can't but it is not the compass. How would the apps know about the compass if they can't connect for one thing.
They two are just not related.
How do apps know? Here s an example: DJI Go 4 IS an app. It will not connect to Mavic Air if the compass needs to be calibrated. THEREFORE, I came to the conclusion that THAT is TRUE with DroneDeploy and Pix4D.

Another here posted the means to calibrate the Mavic Air in Litchi. I would like to see that option on DD and Pix4D. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON THAT?

How do apps know? Here s an example: DJI Go 4 IS an app. It will not connect to Mavic Air if the compass needs to be calibrated. THEREFORE, I came to the conclusion that THAT is TRUE with DroneDeploy and Pix4D.

Another here posted the means to calibrate the Mavic Air in Litchi. I would like to see that option on DD and Pix4D. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON THAT?

As several people have already told you, it is NOT the compass causing your issues with the apps not connecting. You have some other issue causing this that you need to investigate. I would start by using another tablet/smartphone to test using Go4.

Are you sure that's what's happening?
The app never connects to the drone.
The drone connects to the controller and the controller connects to the app.

For you to get the message about compass calibration from the app, your drone and controller are both connected.
Not for DD. There is no way to recalibrate the compass within DroneDeploy.

I'll put this i again:
If Pix4D is like DD it has a checklist before it will allow takeoff and on detecting the "requires calibration" condition, the process stalls?
If you hit that roadblock, does closing the mapping app and calibrating in Go 4 fix things?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom