DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass data exception and mystery red dot

Skrems

Reactions
I was looking at the flight logs after a failed flight (errors and loss of signal) and saw the errors are recorded but I also see a red dot appear (lower right).
Does anyone know what that red dot represents?
I started getting these compass errors but was able to return ok. By the way this replacement mavic will not hold steady - drifting up and sideways even after calibrating sticks, compass and IMU.
Signal errors at 590M....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Red dot is your position as your mobile device is reporting it.

Thanks but that is strange as I never moved from the take-off point. Also weird how it just appears then moved.
Cheers.

If your mobile device is not getting good GPS coverage it will estimate its position from nearby wifi networks and that has low precision, can be jumping back and forth hundreds of meters off.

If your mobile device is not getting good GPS coverage it will estimate its position from nearby wifi networks and that has low precision, can be jumping back and forth hundreds of meters off.

I just went to the park and gps on phone seems perfect. I can even see moving one side of street to other in google maps. I wonder if the DJI app has issues although I flew a P4P at same location with zero issues.

Red dot is your position as your mobile device is reporting it.

I sure the red dot (sometimes white and blue) is not phone position. It only moves up and down the right side of the screen in all flight records.

Still curious what it is.

Ah, couldn't see it correctly in the poor quality video in your original post. That's your gimbal tilt angle indicator.

Reactions: Skrems
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy