DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass disconnected

sam.patterson

Reactions
Ok just got mavic back from DJI repair because of gimbal issues. As soon as I unpack it and get everything charged I get message "compass 1 disconnected". What the heck.
Call DJI and they say update firmware. It just came from repair. Is updateing firmware going to fix the problem and wouldn't DJI have done this before they start it back to me?
Help.

Sam

The compass is most likely either disconnected inside the Mavic or it's faulty and needs to be replaced.

Updating the firmware would be an easy thing to try though. While your Mavic is connected to DJI GO, you can find your current firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. If it does not show 1.03.0700, then you're running an old version of the firmware. If needed, you can upgrade your firmware like this.

Different situation but I bought mine from Sam's club. calibrated a few times outside and nothing and I just flew it once.. I used an iphone to fly it (ready to fly) and recently tried it with my andriod phone (compass error unable to fly). I'm thinking it's a firmware issue. I'll probally use an iphone next time just to confirm its nothing wrong with the phone I'm using.

Attachments

• compass error.jpg
    compass error.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 27
Hello,

Same problem here, had the gimbal plate fixed and now get a compass 1 disconnected error.

How did you fix it?

Thanks

You return it and have them fix it if a firmware refresh doesn't work. Compass #1 is soldered on, so you can't just easily do anything with it. They may have damaged the wire

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito