DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error after repair

Motor86

Reactions
Hello pilots. My drone crashed. Has broken back beams. I made repairs myself. There was a problem. Now, after take-off, the compass error always appears. Where to look for the problem? What to do? Advise

Which compass is showing an error? Look at it in "advanced settings" "sensors state" it will show you which compass is having a problem.

Which compass is showing an error? Look at it in "advanced settings" "sensors state" it will show you which compass is having a problem.
The main compass in the red zone. The compass which is in the gps module. The calibration does not help.

You might have a loose wire going to the GPS/compass unit, or the compass might be damaged. Those modules are around $29 if you need to replace it.

You might have a loose wire going to the GPS/compass unit, or the compass might be damaged. Those modules are around $29 if you need to replace it.
Solder the compass and wire? How will this affect the interference? Maybe you can demagnetize the compass? Or change the GPS module completely?

First thing to do is check all the wires and connections.
I solved the problem. It turns out that I magnetized the main compass - I disassembled and assembled the drone with a magnetic screwdriver. In the service there was a special device for demagnetizing (Cfixer). They helped me for free - demagnetized the main compass. Now I have no problems.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird