DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

compass error

Topdogg

Reactions
I'm new to drones and just recently purchased a Mavic. I have only flown in my neighborhood but whenever I get about a 1/2 mile away I get a warning on my remote that says compass error..move drone to regain signal. It is under control even when the warning is on. I dont know if i get the warning because im in a crowded neighborhood but it is scary as I would like to try to fly farther away. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok...but the compass says that it is good until i get at certain distances. I thought it was bad to calibrate the compass unless told to do so...i thought if it needed it...it would say that before takeoff. Thx

If you're getting compass errors, near or far, then calibrate correctly, in an open area away from metal, as stated above.

Ok...it probably doesnt help that I take off from my driveway and also control it from there...thanks!

Ok...it probably doesnt help that I take off from my driveway and also control it from there...thanks!
Do you get the error in or near the same place every time, such as near a metal pole or tower? Have you ever flown in another location and NOT had the error? Just curious.

I've never had a compass error so I've never calibrated but I wouldn't hesitate to, in your case. If done properly it is simple, safe, and can do no harm. The redundant compass system in the Mavic is pretty robust and reliable but is telling you something.

Never flown it anywhere else....and seems to only happen when I get 1/2 mile away...doesnt matter which direction I'm going

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson