DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass, IMU and Sensors ..help

canpandave

Reactions
I have used my Mavic Air exactly twice, no crashes, no hard landings, nothing, it has been idle for a couple of months, Yesterday I took it out to fly and am getting a Main Controller Data Error at the top left side on the app screen. I am unable to calibrate the compass nor the imu, I updated firmware on both controller and aircraft, I reinstalled the software on my iPhone, in advanced, sensors: IMU, both Accelerometer 1 and 2 and Gyroscope 1 and 2 show 'disconnected', Compass1 shows 169 and indicator is green (excellent). sending for repair is not really an option. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: Overall status shows:
Accelerometer Failed
Gyroscope Error
Gimball cannot receive Main Controller data
/d

Last edited:
Maybe a fix for some...

Had a similar encounter with the IMU not having Gryo/Acc data and giving controller error.

I took the Air apart and removed the IMU. Removed the small IMU cover. Removed as much excess blue gunk from the IMU with a wooded tooth pick. Gave the IMU chips a light tap with the end of a small plastic screw driver. Reapplied the blue gunk and IMU cover. Reinstalled IMU and rest of the connectors/PCB.

Fired it up and its working again... I never crashed mine or dropped in. Just stopped working one day after maybe only an hours worth of flight time over 1.5 years. Weird...

20191110_191200.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eseex