DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass issue with Fly 1.4.0?

RobotBee

Reactions
Has anyone noticed the home point intermittently being shown in completely the wrong location relative to the drone when using the round attitude indicator?

I start off with the home point directly behind the drone (shown correctly), then watch what happens when I rotate the drone.

Then when I switch back and forth between map view and attitude indicator view, notice the mismatch in home position relative to the drone...

Look at what happens at the 30 second mark...

https://youtu.be/d9_9Z534lOA

Last edited:
Just uninstalled 1.4.0 and installed 1.2.4 and the home location in the attitude indicator works fine. Must be a glitch with the new app that no one else seems to have noticed?

Has anyone noticed the home point intermittently being shown in completely the wrong location relative to the drone when using the round attitude indicator?

I start off with the home point directly behind the drone (shown correctly), then watch what happens when I rotate the drone.

Then when I switch back and forth between map view and attitude indicator view, notice the mismatch in home position relative to the drone...

Look at what happens at the 30 second mark...

https://youtu.be/d9_9Z534lOA
Thanks for the heads up......

Has anyone noticed the home point intermittently being shown in completely the wrong location relative to the drone when using the round attitude indicator
What you are seeing isn't what you think.
If you were to look at the recorded flight data and you have good GPS sat reception (which you would have), the location of the home point would not change and neither would the drone's location.
What you are seeing is a minor glitch in the tablet's compass and/or display.
I doubt it had anything to do with the app version.
It's just that you noticed it after updating.

btw ... the new version of the app won't do anything different.
It's just a new version to allow the Fly app to work with the new drone and its new features.
There's really no need to update unless you also have the new drone.

What you are seeing isn't what you think.
If you were to look at the recorded flight data and you have good GPS sat reception (which you would have), the location of the home point would not change and neither would the drone's location.
What you are seeing is a minor glitch in the tablet's compass and/or display.
I doubt it had anything to do with the app version.
It's just that you noticed it after updating.

btw ... the new version of the app won't do anything different.
It's just a new version to allow the Fly app to work with the new drone and its new features.
There's really no need to update unless you also have the new drone.
It is related to the app version. I installed the previous version and the problem is gone. Someone else I know also sees the issue with 1.4.0 but not 1.3.0.

I agree that the issue is with the displaying of the data in the widget, not the data itself. Hence why the proper map view works fine, and the return to home works fine. The drone knows where it is, the app knows where the drone is and which way it's facing, it just fails to display it properly in the widget.

Version 1.4.0 doesn't just add support for the A2S - it also provides improved (in my opinion) camera settings controls.

It is related to the app version. I installed the previous version and the problem is gone. Someone else I know also sees the issue with 1.4.0 but not 1.3.0.
Was it a one-off glitch or repeatable every time you flew with 1.4.0?

Version 1.4.0 doesn't just add support for the A2S - it also provides improved (in my opinion) camera settings controls.
Where's that documented?
All DJI says about it is:
- Supports DJI Air 2S
- Adds a new MasterShots feature for taking pro-level video recordings. (Currently only compatible with DJI Air 2S)
- Supports adding new Fly Spots, uploading photos, and adding comments to Fly Spots

Was it a one-off glitch or repeatable every time you flew with 1.4.0?

Where's that documented?
All DJI says about it is:
- Supports DJI Air 2S
- Adds a new MasterShots feature for taking pro-level video recordings. (Currently only compatible with DJI Air 2S)
- Supports adding new Fly Spots, uploading photos, and adding comments to Fly Spots
Repeatable every time i flew with 1.4.0, and verified by someone else. I reinstalled 1.4.0 and still had the issue.

Camera settings aren't documented by DJI but plenty of info on youtube about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid