DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatibility issues are apparent

spinbp5er

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the DJI community in that I received a mavic pro like lots of you have. I am an avid drone-ster and primarily of the parrot community.
So I’ve noticed that there are no videos in relations to which iPhones are compatible with the mavic pro (if there are, then could someone hook me up with the link?).
I own an iPhone 6 and the iOS is up to date with the latest firmware.
I originally installed the DJI Go 4 and attempted to setup my account but every time I pressed the setup button after filling in all my data, after about 5 minutes of waiting for the setup to complete; I get a message that tells me that I need a network connection. (Well, of course I gave a network connection). I’ve gone through every verification possible to make sure I have a network connection. The DJI app is the only app that will not connect as with all my other apps are confirmed as being able to connect to my network. So then I attempted to chuck the app and install the DJI GO thinking that maybe I installed the wrong app.
Not even the case because after you install DJI GO is auto-reverts to the DJI GO 4 app.
So all this said, I then took my iPad and installed the app and I was able to complete the setup process & the updates required before I could get the ready to fly statement.

So here are my questions in retrospect to what I’ve just explained:
1.) is anyone aware of compatibility issues between the app and the iphone6?

2.) has anyone even tried to install the app on an iPhone6 and been successful at setting up and logging in after.
Even after setting my account up using my iPad I still cannot log in to the app on my iPhone 6.

3.) Being that I used my iPad to install the app, setup and verify my account, & installed the firmware update and all other updates that were required, I find that it will be a major pain in the butt to have to try and handle the controller and the iPad all at the same time (this is a standard iPad and NOT a mini). Does anyone know if they make mount of some sort for the iPad in connection to the controller?

Any onsite on what I’ve provided would be more than appreciated.

Thank you
Spinbp5er

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the DJI community in that I received a mavic pro like lots of you have. I am an avid drone-ster and primarily of the parrot community.
So I’ve noticed that there are no videos in relations to which iPhones are compatible with the mavic pro (if there are, then could someone hook me up with the link?).
I originally installed the DJI Go 4 and attempted to setup my account but every time I pressed the setup button after filling in all my data, after about 5 minutes of waiting for the setup to complete; I get a message that tells me that I need a network connection. (Well, of course I gave a network connection). I’ve gone through every verification possible to make sure I have a network connection. The DJI app is the only app that will not connect as with all my other apps are confirmed as being able to connect to my network. So then I attempted to chuck the app and install the DJI GO thinking that maybe I installed the wrong app.
Not even the case because after you install DJI GO is auto-reverts to the DJI GO 4 app.
So all this said, I then took my iPad and installed the app and I was able to complete the setup process & the updates required before I could get the ready to fly statement.

2.) has anyone even tried to install the app on an iPhone6 and been successful at setting up and logging in after.
Even after setting my account up using my iPad I still cannot log in to the app on my iPhone 6.

3.) Being that I used my iPad to install the app, setup and verify my account, & installed the firmware update and all other updates that were required, I find that it will be a major pain in the butt to have to try and handle the controller and the iPad all at the same time (this is a standard iPad and NOT a mini). Does anyone know if they make mount of some sort for the iPad in connection to the controller?

Thank you
Spinbp5er
Howdy from Wyoming @spinbp5er, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Good luck.

is anyone aware of compatibility issues between the app and the iphone6?
Be sure to have IOS 11.2.1 running and GO4 version 4.1.20
has anyone even tried to install the app on an iPhone6 and been successful at setting up and logging in after.
Yes - without being connected to the remote controller and Mavic, connect your iPhone via WiFi to the Internet and try to login via this procedure. (Mavic and remote are powered OFF)
Does anyone know if they make mount of some sort for the iPad in connection to the controller?
https://www.mavmount.com

I hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Reactions: spinbp5er
Last time I saw a similar here problem it was fixed by a router reset.

my iphone 6 works just fine. I am using the latest firmware.

Thank you
Spinbp5er
You may have hit the window of time over the holiday where the DJI servers were swamped, have you tried to connect again recently?

Be sure to have IOS 11.2.1 running and GO4 version 4.1.20

Yes - without being connected to the remote controller and Mavic, connect your iPhone via WiFi to the Internet and try to login via this procedure. (Mavic and remote are powered OFF)

DJI Mavic and Spark iPad Tablet Adapter Mount - MavMount

I hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Hey thanks a bunch for the insight on connecting without the controller and drone on. I am able to login via WiFi then make my connections. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Keule
Thanks for your feedback!
Fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections