DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatibility issues with Sony Xperia and Osmo mobile 3 and 4

Soxer123

Reactions
A couple of weeks ago, I bought an Osmo mobile 3 and was looking forward to doing some video work. The first Sunday we had a little sunshine, so I went to our local arboretum and tried it out. When moving forward with it, the layback was what you might expect of someone with the DTs. It wasn't just camera shake, but juddering.

I got on to DJi support even sent them the video examples I'd taken The response was usual helpdesk rubbish, have I downloaded latest firmware, calibrated the gimbal etc.

Crestfallen I had to return it to the retailer. I them ordered an OM4 only to find it the same.

I've used the OM4 with it switched on but not connected to the Mimo software (which I suspect is the problem). the difference is marked, an improvement, but the gimbal not working in unison with the allotted software is not fit for purpose.

I managed to get hold of the approved list of phone handsets ant it's pitiful. OK if you've a post mk7 i phone, high end Huawei and some high end Samsungs.

Not one Sony handset on there. I use an Xperia XZ Premium.

DJi won;t admit their software is pants. They have not provided any feedback on the evidence I provided.

I've bought a Samsung A21S to test it out when we have a bit of decent weather. It's not on the approved list and the camera is not a patch on the Sony.

As part of my research, I checked out alternative software. Not a lot about for Android and I think DJi have built in something to prevent the gimbal recognising the bluetooth link request from the handset via anyone else's software.

I have to say I am sorely disappointed. Another thing I discovered is they tend to do the same with i phone 7.

This gizmo is marketed at everyone, not a narrow band of phone users, yet they've not tweaked their software to suit.

If anyone has experienced the same problem as I have with an Android handset, please let me know if and how you combatted it.

Here's an example of the judder

If your phone isn’t on the list of supported items, then I don’t think they did anything wrong.

Very easy for you to say, but when you consider the sales mechanisms in place, online, etc then the list should be more clearly available to potential buyers. You sound like you work for DJi.

• Haha
Reactions: Lastrexking
Very easy for you to say, but when you consider the sales mechanisms in place, online, etc then the list should be more clearly available to potential buyers. You sound like you work for DJi.
I agree, it should - buy buyers also need to be responsible for making sure the equipment they buy is compatible with what they already have.

And sellers therefore should clearly announce their product is not fully developed. I'm sure you'd love it if there were similar compatibility issues with your DJi drone. I bought this on the reputation of DJi and the fact my Mavic Air and Mini flew with a variety of handsets no problem.

And sellers therefore should clearly announce their product is not fully developed. I'm sure you'd love it if there were similar compatibility issues with your DJi drone. I bought this on the reputation of DJi and the fact my Mavic Air and Mini flew with a variety of handsets no problem.
I’d check it was compatible first.

I am using om4 with midrange samsung (a70). I am impressed at how well it works mostly.
Looking at the top clip first thing that i thought was, is phone balanced in mount?
When i was researching them prior to buying, one of the listed improvements on om4 was stronger motors. Apparently if it was even slightly off balance it would cause camera shake.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme