DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatible phones for MM

Cagey C.

Reactions
1) Have just bought a MM and find both of my Android phones, Samsung J3 and Blackview A60 are incompatible. Is a new phone my only choice ?. 2) Is version Android Go compatible?. I am 84 years old, this is my first drone.

Reactions: ff22
1) Have just bought a MM and find both of my Android phones, Samsung J3 and Blackview A60 are incompatible. Is a new phone my only choice ?. 2) Is version Android Go compatible?. I am 84 years old, this is my first drone.
Here's to at least another 20 years of flying. WAY TO GO!

I believe that I've read that DroneLink and Litchi can work on some older devices but they are not official DJI software and are both new.

The DJI GO app does not work for the Mini.

Reactions: Cagey C.
I believe that I've read that DroneLink and Litchi can work on some older devices but they are not official DJI software and are both new.

Whilst it may work with an old phone, you're unlikely to get satisfactory performance using Dronelink as it benefits from a fast processor. I suspect the same is true for Litchi with the Mini.

Many thanks for replies. It looks like another phone, Android 6 or whatever. Any thoughts on am "inexpensive" phone that will do the job ?.

Welcome to the forum, from Kentucky.
Maybe this video can help you.

A larger screen makes it's easier to read the small numbers displaying height and distance and battery level. Some screens are easier to read in bright sunlight. I made the mistake of going cheap, mine's only got 32 GB of storage and froze up after a half a dozen flights due to the memory being full of pictures. I would recommend at least 100GB of memory. 32 bit and 64 bit Android devices list: How to find your device's architecture? DJI drones need phones that are 64 bit.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBRO