DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Completely new pilot here, any tips would be helpful!

Yeah? That's pretty good. Would this personal article policy cover the drone if I crashed it or lost it?
Yes, it covers it for anything. No drone required to get payment. And if your whole setup gets stolen, covered.

Yes, it covers it for anything. No drone required to get payment. And if your whole setup gets stolen, covered.
**** that's not bad. The DJI Refresh is a one time payment though isnt it? Are these article policys only applicable with Statefarm. I have all my insurance with Cooperators.

**** that's not bad. The DJI Refresh is a one time payment though isnt it? Are these article policys only applicable with Statefarm. I have all my insurance with Cooperators.
Dji is a one time payment plus a fee of 100.00 on first loss. Second and third losses go up incrementally in deductible. You do not have to be a State Farm customer to get this insurance. Wish I would have known this prior to dropping a Benjamin dji's way with little hope of using it.

Here's my agent:
Mike Klaus - State Farm Insurance Agent in De Soto, MO

Been with him for 35 years. You can buy from him also. Tell him Mike Hendrixson sent you.

Dji is a one time payment plus a fee of 100.00 on first loss. Second and third losses go up incrementally in deductible. You do not have to be a State Farm customer to get this insurance. Wish I would have known this prior to dropping a Benjamin dji's way with little hope of using it.

Here's my agent:
Mike Klaus - State Farm Insurance Agent in De Soto, MO

Been with him for 35 years. You can buy from him also. Tell him Mike Hendrixson sent you.
I assume you don't have to be living in the same country to get insurance with him? I live in Canada :)

I will also add that the SF policy is in no way tied to your homeownwers insurance as far as claims and rates go.

95% of dji owner uses litchi tons of tutorial for litchi on youtube as to many things lots of the tutorials are good and a few are not too great

95% of dji owner uses litchi tons of tutorial for litchi on youtube as to many things lots of the tutorials are good and a few are not too great
Compatible with Iphone 6 as well? It got great reviews I was just watching it, and I think the 360° pano option would be unreal for my clients.

My experience has been about equal. That being said, I'm one of the android users that has not had issues with go4.
Which has a cleaner interface? I'm a designer, so thats important lol.

Hi there.
I'm a fairly new quad flyer also. Just got it this weekend and I have put about 3 hours of flight time (5 batteries).
Here's what I did & personal experience.

First of all I'd say watch lots of youtube, especially the mavic drone crash footage to see where they went wrong, one thing I've noticed is that they crash into a lot of things flying side ways.

No drone certification is required if you're flying as a hobbyist or for recreation, but you do have to register your mavic with the FAA ($5).

Wind: Personal experience, I would not fly anything more then 15mph & gust beyond 25mph, but that's just me, in P mode, with 15mph steady and 25mph gust the drone was having a hard time making head way and had to decrease altitude to get any where.

You can go into Sport mode to get more power but I'm not comfortable doing that just yet since I'm flying fairly close to the tree line.

Indoor: Never tried it, if you do, remember the return to home altitude setting :p
The drone can produce 4k Video/images so I don't see why you can't use it for professional purpose but that requires a cert. from the FAA, Part 107 but I haven't done that since I don't intend to make money off of my hobby.

You no longer have to register with the FAA.

Check out 51 Drones on YouTube and Billy Kyle.

Hey there, thanks a lot! for the advice! Does the FAA only apply to American citizens? (I'm in Canada) If not, how do I apply for it?
Yes, and as of now, we don't have to register w FAA, although I did a year ago. Rule change since then...
Agree w other posters: watch you tube. Take it slow and stay close at first.
REMEMBER TO SET YOUR RTH levels appropriately!!

Reactions: mtraps
Hey guys, I just purchased a Mavic Pro Combo, haven't even received it yet, but I'd like to get in the loop before I fly it. So a few main questions I've gathered:

First of all, are there any common beginner mistakes that I can avoid. I'd hate to crash this this. Anything I should know before I get this in the air?

Also I have heard some rumours that you require some sort of certification to fly a drone or it would be considered illegal? Does that apply to this drone or only massive, heavy drones? if it does apply where do I go to get certified?

Can you fly this is windy conditions or does it have to be completely calm out?

Can this drone be used for professional purpose indoor and/or outdoor?

Any tips are so appreciated, thanks in advance guys

EDIT: I am from Canada (Ontario, possibly moving to BC)
EDIT 2: I am using for professional and personal purposes

1) Find a big field.
2) Find a bigger one.
3) Practice, practice, practice.

Reactions: pixl
Hey guys, I just purchased a Mavic Pro Combo, haven't even received it yet, but I'd like to get in the loop before I fly it. So a few main questions I've gathered:

First of all, are there any common beginner mistakes that I can avoid. I'd hate to crash this this. Anything I should know before I get this in the air?

Also I have heard some rumours that you require some sort of certification to fly a drone or it would be considered illegal? Does that apply to this drone or only massive, heavy drones? if it does apply where do I go to get certified?

You should not fly in windy conditions above 15mph, you should not fly indoors and you can use for commercial purposes as long as you're licensed.

Read the manuals. Watch Youtube tutorials. Read the instructions again, and again. You must understand. Start off in beginner mode. I didn't even know there was a beginner mode and learnt in Sport mode lol. What else can I say, but do your homework, do your research. It is worth it. I am from New Zealand and recently took my Mavic to Waikiki Beach Honolulu and then Alaska. I have yet to crash or have a runaway. Don't forget, do your research.
Steve (Te Rangatira) Auckland, New Zealand

Read the manual, use it in beginner mode till you are confident (so all your actions are slowed down). Use it in an open space. Listen to the assorted advice in this forum. Have fun :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks