DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirm a Purchased Mavic is 100% New?

fro

Reactions
My Mavic Pro arrived today and the unit looks to be OK, however, some of the feedback for the company I purchased it from on Amazon is a bit suspect.

Is there any official way I can use the serial number on the unit to confirm its "newness" and be sure it's not actually a refurb? Thanks for any info!

My Mavic Pro arrived today and the unit looks to be OK, however, some of the feedback for the company I purchased it from on Amazon is a bit suspect.

Is there any official way I can use the serial number on the unit to confirm its "newness" and be sure it's not actually a refurb? Thanks for any info!
If the SN begins with an R, it's a refurbished unit.

Reactions: fro
If the SN begins with an R, it's a refurbished unit.
Thank you. No "R" in the serial number, and using the previously-posted link, I was able to determine the unit was manufactured less than two months ago. Both good signs, I'd say.

Check the drone to see if there are any flight logs.
Will do. I should note, I am completely new to all this. What is the best way to go about doing that? I'm about to head home for the afternoon and begin reading and prepping. Thanks!

Will do. I should note, I am completely new to all this. What is the best way to go about doing that? I'm about to head home for the afternoon and begin reading and prepping. Thanks!
How to retrieve a .DAT

If there are any flight logs, ask folks here to analyze them for you. I don't know if the factory does any test flights before shipping.

Reactions: fro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun