DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused by M3P SD card format options

ExEvo

Reactions
I'm probably being dense but when I go to format my drone's 256GB SD card, GoFly shows only my 32GB controller SD card and the 2GB internal storage - with the first option highlighted by default. The card in my drone (which is working fine) is nowhere to be seen. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to format the 256GB card but I found out by trial and error that hitting the Format button actually formatted the drone SD card and not the highlighted RC SD card. This isn't intuitive and seems to imply that I can't format the RC SD card while the drone is powered up. Is it the case that to format the RC SD card I must only power up the controller?

@ExEvo you dont need the drone to be connected to format the card in the RC scroll down using the two quick pulls and then you will be able to format the card in the RC from the pull down menu in the top right hand corner of the menu screen is a white six sided icon touch that and in the menu select storage then choose portable storage and then you can format the SD card when you go back to the original menu screen you will see a message asking you what you want to do with the card choose your option and then it is all done

Reactions: ExEvo
First of all ... you should use the DJI Fly app for your Mini 3 Pro, not the commercial GoFly you can find on the Android & iOS app stores.

Secondly... if you want to format the SD in the RC it should be sufficient to only power up the RC (and by that you will not be able to see any of the possible storages in the drone) ... further more I think, without seeing how the UI looks in your RC without the "flight" app started... that you should be able to format the RC SD through the RC's own file explorer.

Reactions: ExEvo
@ExEvo you dont need the drone to be connected to format the card in the RC scroll down using the two quick pulls and then you will be able to format the card in the RC from the pull down menu in the top right hand corner of the menu screen is a white six sided icon touch that and in the menu select storage then choose portable storage and then you can format the SD card when you go back to the original menu screen you will see a message asking you what you want to do with the card choose your option and then it is all done
Very helpful - thank you.

Reactions: old man mavic
First of all ... you should use the DJI Fly app for your Mini 3 Pro, not the commercial GoFly you can find on the Android & iOS app stores.

Secondly... if you want to format the SD in the RC it should be sufficient to only power up the RC (and by that you will not be able to see any of the possible storages in the drone) ... further more I think, without seeing how the UI looks in your RC without the "flight" app started... that you should be able to format the RC SD through the RC's own file explorer.
Thanks - and sorry for the GoFly red herring: I'm using whatever shipped with my M3P…and I don't think there's any way to introduce any apps to the RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121