DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

confused using pano on the M3p?

rotohead

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A old Spark flyer and use to use the DJI Media Maker to stich the photos with the Spark. Does the M3P do it internally or need a external program like the Spark? I've tried taking a couple 180 panos with the M3P and it has never produced a completed pano. Or is there a free 3rd party program that works better? Thanks for the help.

A old Spark flyer and use to use the DJI Media Maker to stich the photos with the Spark. Does the M3P do it internally or need a external program like the Spark? I've tried taking a couple 180 panos with the M3P and it has never produced a completed pano. Or is there a free 3rd party program that works better? Thanks for the help.
I am no expert but I did one yesterday. It was auto-magically stitched internally apparently in the drone (a bit odd) and ended up in the same directory as other JPGs and no particular name to differentiate it from other still photos (also a bit odd) although the file had a tag of "pano." It was about 3x the size of a single still photo. It tossed the un-stitched photos although its possible there is a setting somewhere for that.

In Windows file explorer you can display a column for "tags" that will make it easier to find. It you have access to something like a Oculus Quest, the 360 photos can be spectacular. Pigasaurus is a good app that can display them correctly and can access file servers on the same net as the headset.

Good luck!

I am no expert but I did one yesterday. It was auto-magically stitched internally apparently in the drone (a bit odd) and ended up in the same directory as other JPGs and no particular name to differentiate it from other still photos (also a bit odd) although the file had a tag of "pano." It was about 3x the size of a single still photo. It tossed the un-stitched photos although its possible there is a setting somewhere for that.

In Windows file explorer you can display a column for "tags" that will make it easier to find. It you have access to something like a Oculus Quest, the 360 photos can be spectacular. Pigasaurus is a good app that can display them correctly and can access file servers on the same net as the headset.

Good luck!
Thanks much for the reply. I'll check it out this weekend. I'm running Win11 on all my PC's and my laptop has the option of the 'tag' column but I like to use my desktop to work with the drone files and that PC doesn't show the 'tag' option. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks again.

I've tried taking a couple 180 panos with the M3P and it has never produced a completed pano.

Does it not produce a 180 panorama at all or is it an incomplete panorama, i.e. only a portion of the 180 degree span? Or that it stopped while shooting the photos for the panorama?

When you press the shutter does the camera begin shooting photos?

Does it not produce a 180 panorama at all or is it an incomplete panorama, i.e. only a portion of the 180 degree span? Or that it stopped while shooting the photos for the panorama?

When you press the shutter does the camera begin shooting photos?

I have always had much better luck using the Sphere option. Even though you won't use alot of the frames, it gives you a much wider angle and more cropping flexibility.

I have always had much better luck using the Sphere option. Even though you won't use alot of the frames, it gives you a much wider angle and more cropping flexibility.
I'll give it a try, thanks. Better cropping results would be a big bonus. Thanks again.

Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
finding a part of my issue is/was a corrupted micro card. Not sure to the exact situation. It's a card I bought from DJI but after a full format out of the drone I finally got things working OK. Still doing some more testing. Seems the M3P is more sensitive to a card that isn't just right then the Spark is. I've used these same six cards between both drones so I don't know who to blame.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke