DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confusion on registering my new drone

Gr8fulTed

Reactions
I bought the first iteration of the Mavic Air when it first came out a couple years ago. I went to the FAA website and registered it. I currently have a drone flyer registration number from the FAA (number FAXXXXXXXXX). I sold that MA and purchased the new Mavic Air 2. But when I went to register THAT drone, I find it hard to actually register that particular drone. The FAA website keeps me running around between Recreational Flyer Dashboard, where my current registration number is, and the FAADroneZone page where it tells me to register the drone--but when I click on the link it takes me to the Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations page, where the link to register takes me back to FAADroneZone page.

What the heck am I missing or doing wrong? Doesn't the specific drone itself have to be registered, and there the heck is the page to do only that and pay my $5???.

Thanks for anyone who can assist in eliminating my frustration.

if you are only recreational then the registration number you receive from the FAA is for you, no matter how many drones you own,you will need to re register after the 3 years is up from the date you first registered ,this of course could change at some point if new rules come into force

if you are only recreational then the registration number you receive from the FAA is for you, no matter how many drones you own,you will need to re register after the 3 years is up from the date you first registered ,this of course could change at some point if new rules come into force
12347960_935758033126954_4522473732576020953_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi