DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connecting 2nd screen wirelessly for viewing?

Photolounge

Reactions
Anyone been able to connect a 2nd screen to the mavic 2 pro so a 2nd person can view live feed remotely?

I have managed it to a TV but trying to do it to an IPAD/android tablet or anything that will accept remote signal?

Thanks

Reactions: Ken K
Anyone been able to connect a 2nd screen to the mavic 2 pro so a 2nd person can view live feed remotely?

I have managed it to a TV but trying to do it to an IPAD/android tablet or anything that will accept remote signal?

Thanks

This unfortunately doesnt work well enough to be useful at this time. I am not sure if it is because DJI Go 4 just taxes the main device to a point that it is unable to reliably cast the video feed to a second device or the Mavics radio interferes with the wireless link between the two devices.

I tried a program called Airserver to connect an iPad to to my iPhone via Wi-Fi and while the video feed does work momentarily it cuts out after a minute or too and is so laggy it just isn’t worth it.

The only acceptable ways to have a second screen set up wirelessly is to use a second remote and have the video feed play to the second screen connected to the second remote.

It can also be done with a wired set up using the HDMI out of Smart Controller or Crystal Sky

Reactions: Photolounge
That is the main use I have for my goggles. I'll hand them off and let a 2nd person view what I'm doing.

That is the main use I have for my goggles. I'll hand them off and let a 2nd person view what I'm doing.
HI Greg
Thanks for the reply, I've tried the goggles, and don't get on with them,

I'm flying for quite long periods as using the drone for work and found get tired quickly using them

which is why trying to find solution for a 2nd screen live share.

With the app "Screen Stream" on the android remote device you can stream the video to another android.
Hey gope, thanks for the heads up about screen stream, seems to work well, using AVC as the viewing app, got it working on android, apple and PC.

Not perfect, a second or 2 delay but best option so far.

Still on look out for faster options though, if anyone has any other ideas.

Reactions: Emanáku
I’m still evaluating EasyCast on iPad mini 2 & mini 5. It seems to work good after the latest update. Both devices need to be on the same wi-fi and it will mirror everything except Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.
I’m going to Big Bend for 10 days and will give it a good workout. We have very good WiFi at the cabin near Terlingua.

EasyCast - Screen Mirroring by HAO CAI

Seems like the link won’t open, for me anyway, so I’ve attached a picture from the App Store.

265026C9-31AD-4DD5-92A3-37A59A676243.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman