DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting the MA2 to a Feel World display?

I have no idea if it works but you might try an HDMI to USB-C adaptor.

I went ahead and ordered the ultra bright and larger monitor, which will snuggly fit the MA2 controller thanks to an extender. Can't wait to check it out once I get back next week from train chasing in Montana. As this will greatly help in spotting possible hazards. The iPhone 6S was way too small, and was useless in direct sun. At 2200nit I should be able to clearly see everything. In theory!!!

Reactions: MA2 317
I went ahead and ordered the ultra bright and larger monitor, which will snuggly fit the MA2 controller thanks to an extender. Can't wait to check it out once I get back next week from train chasing in Montana. As this will greatly help in spotting possible hazards. The iPhone 6S was way too small, and was useless in direct sun. At 2200nit I should be able to clearly see everything. In theory!!!
So what are you going to use as an operating system since this is just a monitor?

Good Afternoon,

Wondering how you connect a Mavic Air 2 to the Feel World FW 279 display, as it uses HDMI. Any easy and creative solutions or suggestions?
Thanks,

Tom

The only way I got it to work is with the Smart Controller : a 7 inch monitor for $199 pretty sweet. but the Sony battery does not come with it.
Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.31.11.jpg

There is quite a difference in the quality of the colors - blacks - whites but not as dramatic as to what the picture below is showing

Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.47.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.

Last edited:
If only the Smart Controller was larger... In any case, I just ordered an 8th generation IPAD. It should work. While not as bright as I would like, it is no worse than the iPhone 6S I have been using, which is way too small of a screen to see anything. And in doing so, greatly improving my ability to avoid tree's and other obstacles. As the MA2 doesn't seem to do a very good job at it. My turn to take charge and keep the thing from hitting things.

I read a post once where the person used chromecast to cast the phone's screen to the house TV while he was flying outside so that the family could watch with him.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I read a post once where the person used chromecast to cast the phone's screen to the house TV while he was flying outside so that the family could watch with him.
I screen casted to my 2-in-1 and flew with a 15 inch screen!

Inside my car, in "media" orientation (keyboard upside down on my lap, screen right in front of the steering wheel).

My next step is to try an android emulator on the 2-in-1 so that I don't deal with the insane lag from screen casting.

I also have an S20Ultra... Flying with that has been sufficient thus far.

6.9 inches of WQHD+ (3200x1440) ... Yes, it's a 20:1 aspect ratio, which means you're going have some serious black bars in 4:3 but it's honestly fine. The colors and brightness negate the need for a new screen. (for now)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Reactions: RobW01 and Thomas B
I was under the impression you could connect it directly the the MA2 controller. If that wont work then I am back to square 1.... :(
Pushkur (in Thailand) has connected his SC to an external monitor. He posted this before the MA2 firmware was out for the SC. Here's a copy of his post. I don't know how to quote it direct (please advise how to)...

Smart controller is far more enjoyable than a phone or tablet,but even with the silicon cover that has a shade I still struggled to see the screen clearly unless the sky was overcast.
I often fly my M2Z with the goggles to overcome this issue.
Last week I bought the 7" feelworld fw279 with 2200 nits,and connected it to the SC via the Hdmi...also bought the Lifthor SC holder.
Wow finally I can see the screen clearly regardless if it's very bright and sunny.
Still struggle with the mini, whether it's got the phone with a shade, or my ipad pro turned up as bright as it can go, and the shade fitted on.

Last edited:
Pushkur (in Thailand) has connected his SC to an external monitor. Here's a copy of his post. I don't know how to quote it direct...

Smart controller is far more enjoyable than a phone or tablet,but even with the silicon cover that has a shade I still struggled to see the screen clearly unless the sky was overcast.
I often fly my M2Z with the goggles to overcome this issue.
Last week I bought the 7" feelworld fw279 with 2200 nits,and connected it to the SC via the Hdmi...also bought the Lifthor SC holder.
Wow finally I can see the screen clearly regardless if it's very bright and sunny.
Still struggle with the mini, whether it's got the phone with a shade, or my ipad pro turned up as bright as it can go, and the shade fitted on.

I have the exact same Set Up : Game changer , but what I really like is that you can than use the Monitor on my Camera that really adds value
to the purchase : I am also amazed at the quality of colors from the Monitor compared to the SC .

The mount by Thor is a must have with the Smart Controller ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.

Reactions: Gary R
Would an IPAD 8th generation work? And would it be bright enough on bright sunny days?
Yes. At 500 nits, not really. I use a 7th gen iPad and even with a sunshade you still get glare off the screen.

I have the exact same Set Up : Game changer , but what I really like is that you can than use the Monitor on my Camera that really adds value
to the purchase : I am also amazed at the quality of colors from the Monitor compared to the SC .

The mount by Thor is a must have with the Smart Controller ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.
I think I'll wait for Litchi to get the sdk and update their app. Then I'll use my Crystalsky. ;) Hopefully....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ