DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection help request

Brevanskc

Reactions
New user here and am having some issues connecting my mavic pro. I know that I need a firmware update but until I can get to a wifi source I am using the drone with the existing version. I have to go through the start up sequence a few times (power RC, power drone battery, launch mavic Go 4) and the screen on my iPhone (X SE iOS 12.4.1) freezes. I usually power down a few times and then when I start up again I hear both the controller and drone do their connecting sounds and I can launch. I know there is likely something I AMA not doing correctly but can't figure out what. Anyone have ideas on corrective steps?

Put your phone in airplane mode, unplug the cable from the side of the RC, and use the RC center USB port to connect with a quality data cable.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Thanks Mossiback, I appreciate the response. I tried your suggestion and may have had a little success. The screen did not freeze but controller would not connect to drone until I turned off the battery again and turned it back and shut down the controller and restarted. I guess that's a little progress.

try this way launch the app then start the controller wait till it bleeps and the screen shows controller connected start device start drone and wait for the controller to buzz then it should show the display screen good luck hope it helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121