DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection problem with new update

mpollis

Reactions
Can anyone please help me? I bought a new Mavic for my trip to Italy about a month ago. It worked great until this new update last week. I updated before I left for Italy and it flew OK once. After that I cannot connect for video. The remote is connecting but no video on my Samsung S7. I even purchased Litchi and tried that app as well. Same thing. No Video. It works using the WIFI connection with just the phone but when I try to use the remote I get no video. I am in a remote area with very spotty internet and 3G service at best.
I appreciate any advice you can provide. I am so disappointed. I wanted to get some good video of Italy.
Thanks all.

When you say no video I presume you mean no actual image on your phone screen rather than not actually recording the image to the sd card.
Try connecting your phone via the bottom USB on the controller.If you do try this you must remove the connecting lead on the top left of controller otherwise it won't work.

Thanks. I did try that with no luck. My phone has no Video and it says not connected. The remote is connecting to the drone but the phone is not connecting to the remote for some reason. I heard that there were new issues when you cannot connect to the internet.

As long as you connected to the internet and logged in to your DJI account after the recent update you should be fine.

The more likely issue is perhaps a cable fault, and as mentioned above if you do try using an alternate cable connected to the bottom USB port, you must make sure you have nothing connected to the side USB port, not even the original cable even if the other end is not connected.

Is it possible to try the app on another device.Maybe someone you are with.I use iPhone so I am not really clued up on android.Just trying to get you flying.[emoji106]

Reactions: payer199
Changed the cord as you suggested and I am flying again. I will try it today. Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB