DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connection to app lost inflight

oskaratk

Reactions
Howdy,

I was flying in POI mode and the connection to the app( droid phone) was lost. Consequently I could not stop POI mode from the app.

Is there a way to terminate the flight mode just using the controller?

Thanks
Oskar

Is there a way to terminate the flight mode just using the controller?
Toggle the Sport mode switch on the right side of the remote controller.

I do believe (and someone might correct me here) that switching to Sports Mode will terminate any current flight modes. Also, I would guess (and will be corrected) that hitting the pause button will stop a flight mode.

Here come the correct answers... Wait for it...

I found that using the caching caused problems on my phone. I use a Nexus 5X and it's great, fast and all. The issue is namely that when the phone (or iPad Mini, actually) gets full (storage wise) then the app crashes, forcing me to fly the drone down to safety using only LOS and my flying skills. I've since turned caching off and it's more or less 100% stopped the issue. I then just limited the cache size to 2GB and made sure I would always have 4GB+ remaining after that (the phone is 32GB total). Seems to have helped a lot.

To answer your question though, assuming you have RTH set correctly and you have done a compass calibration recently or immediately before flying, and you've plenty of satellites , you can actually turn your controller off entirely and the drone will RTH. Sounds scary I know, but it will.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15