Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Connectivity: Bluetooth or Wifi?

ff22

Reaction score
Loc
pacific northWET
I thought I was asked for BT permission or pairing when setting things up. But seems that my Tablet has established a wifi connection with the camera. Is it possible for it to be BT? Reason, I wanted to download an image from the camera to the tablet and then email that image. The download worked (probably via wifi). Unfortunately, with the wifi link between the camera and the tablet, I had no connectivity to my home wifi connection and therefore, could not send out the email via the tablet. (my tablet is wifi only)

Anyone know the in's or out's of how this works?

THE CYBORG

Reaction score
Loc
West Lakes UK
I would think that once you download the image to your tablet you should simply be able to reconnect to your home wifi.

I connect my MI drone controller to a tablet using wifi (the tablet won’t connect by cable) but it auto connects back to my home wifi, you may have to go into your tablet settings to reconnect.

ff22

Reaction score
Loc
pacific northWET
I would think that once you download the image to your tablet you should simply be able to reconnect to your home wifi.

I connect my MI drone controller to a tablet using wifi (the tablet won’t connect by cable) but it auto connects back to my home wifi, you may have to go into your tablet settings to reconnect.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can do that. Also, turning the camera off frees up the tablet to connect to my wifi. I guess I was hoping that I could set the camera to BT and not have to futz with the wifi settings. I will have to explore more.

Prmath

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can do that. Also, turning the camera off frees up the tablet to connect to my wifi. I guess I was hoping that I could set the camera to BT and not have to futz with the wifi settings. I will have to explore more.
Instructions not real clear

Prmath

Reaction score
Yes, I searched the pdf manual for both bluetooth and wi-fi (needs the hyphen) and there's really nothing!
Yes, I searched the pdf manual for both bluetooth and wi-fi (needs the hyphen) and there's really nothing!
and I wonder what the BT is for?

ff22

Reaction score
Loc
pacific northWET
and I wonder what the BT is for?
Search me! (g)

As I wrote in the other thread - it is must have used my home wifi to grab the update files but I don't recall it asking for my wifi access password. Leave it to the Chinese to already make me suspicious! (g) Or maybe it used the tablet's wifi connection to my network and BT to copy it to the sd-card????

NO, none of this connectivity is very clearly defined.

R

runeOfRune

The app on your phone, which already has your home wifi password saved, downloaded the update and then applied it to the camera.

My guess is, bluetooth is only used for pairing/exchanging wifi information with the camera.

Reactions: ff22

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjrmurph