DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Considering downsizing to a Mini 3 Pro

Probably better to go with an established drone that is stable

Mini 3 currently having lots of software (and possibly hardware) problems

Note to people considering purchase of a Mini 3 Pro:
Facts and the opinions of others differ substantially from that second statement.

Agr
Note to people considering purchase of a Mini 3 Pro:
Facts and the opinions of others differ substantially from that second statement.
Agreed. That guy clearly has buyers remorse.

Reactions: Torque and ssvdh66
I currently have a Mavic 2 Pro I rarely use and am considering a Mini 3 Pro.

The smaller size and quiet operation attract me. I would order one with a smart controller since I'm tired of hooking up my phone to fly.

Has anyone downsized like this?

Are you happy or do you regret the move?

The key phrase is 'that I rarely use'.

I definitely recommend the upgrade, the Mini 3 is far smaller and much easier to take with you.

On image quality, it's good enough on the photo side and better than the M2P on video (IMO).

The drone handles great, seems to do fine in the wind, has good battery life, is fun to fly, plus the smart controller is way better solution than using your phone.

Overall, best to try to just sell your M2P second hand before the market is completely flooded.

Reactions: ssvdh66 and SHRED
The key phrase is 'that I rarely use'.

I definitely recommend the upgrade, the Mini 3 is far smaller and much easier to take with you.

On image quality, it's good enough on the photo side and better than the M2P on video (IMO).

The drone handles great, seems to do fine in the wind, has good battery life, is fun to fly, plus the smart controller is way better solution than using your phone.

Overall, best to try to just sell your M2P second hand before the market is completely flooded.
Thank you.
I'm gathering it all for sale.20220706_103211.jpg

I currently have a Mavic 2 Pro I rarely use and am considering a Mini 3 Pro.

The smaller size and quiet operation attract me. I would order one with a smart controller since I'm tired of hooking up my phone to fly.

Has anyone downsized like this?

Are you happy or do you regret the move?
DON'T DO IT........why get rid of a REAL machine for a TOY......I have the Mavic Pro 2 and the
Mavic Air 2s..........when I look at the videos posted on here from the Mini 2 and Mini 3 there is NO comparison......I really think that you would be making a mistake........now if you wanted a Min 3 to just play around with I would say go for it but not to replace a Mavic Pro!

I've had the Air 2S since it was released, and now I've had the Mini 3 Pro for about a month. I had a few issues with the Mini3 early on, but I've been flying it pretty regularly now and things seem to be better after a couple firmware updates.

Yesterday I took out the A2S because the Mini3 battery was dead... it (A2S) seemed like a dinosaur!

I'm not 100% ready... need to do some more testing in various conditions, but I'm thinking of selling the Air 2S. Can't believe I'm writing this because I have really enjoyed that drone. But compared with the the Air 2S the mini 3:

1. Is so much smaller and lighter, it is way better for travel or even just hiking, etc
2. Has comparable image quality... maybe not quite as good as the A2S, but very close... as I said I need to do more testing
3. Is much quieter... this is important to me for several reasons
4. Allows me to fly without using my phone (I know you can do this with the A2S but at a steep price)

I like doing hyperlapse vids, and so far, I am not happy with the stability of the Mini 3 Pro... again I need to do more testing, but if hyperlapse is important, I'm not sure a lighter drone is the answer for you.

Overall, I would say, buy the Mini 3 and try it and see. I love mine so far.

I have an Air 2S and the Mini 3. Both have their points. I obviously had the Air 2S first, just got the Mini 3 with the Drone Nerds release, and I've been flying the Mini 3 a bit more in the last few days, but took the Air 2S out today, and it's just SO stable and predictable. It also feels quite solid in your hand, where the Mini 3 feels very toy-like, light plastic feel. Not sure if that might affect its ability to withstand a lot of travel. I also like the camera in the Air 2S just a tiny bit better. The 1" sensor does better in low light. A bit. But the difference isn't huge.

However, the RC controller option with the Mini 3 is pretty nice. It's a better screen than my iPhone, but could be brighter still in sunlight. I'd seen an early review that implied the controller could be used with other drones, but so far, not the Air 2S. That's a disappointment. Perhaps a firmware update will include the Air 2S since the RC-Pro does, and it's OS3.

The Mini with the RC controller it's really fast to get in the air. No fumbling with the phone, etc.

If I had to only own one, it would probably the be Mini 3, but there are too many reasons to keep the Air 2S right now.

Reactions: Torque
It is a great drone if you intend to fly no further than 300m and behind no obstacles/trees/etc
We get it. You have buyer's remorse. You've said it enough times now. Give it a rest.

Like most that have commented, I have M2P/T, A2S, FPV, Mini 2. Just received the Mini 3 last evening and did a initial flight. Let me just say I cant remember the last time I was so excited about flying a drone! I did a pre evening flight and a total night flight here around Downtown Orlando, the video and the pictures are absolutely stunning! And it is so quiet. I am extremely happy with the Mini 3 so far. Just buy it.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
It is a great drone if you intend to fly no further than 300m and behind no obstacles/trees/etc
You chose not to return it and instead you seem to flood every discussion with your unhappiness. Return the drone and get an RC car....please.

The sun looked ahead so I could take M3P on a little maiden trip. After thousands of flights with M2P, M3P gives a very good impression, but before you have a real T-Mode mode with a maximum speed of 1.5 m / s, I will only fly the M3P now and then.

I don't sell the drones in my fleet, but I can assure you that you will not regret a new Mini 3 Pro w/RC. Penetration is not that of say the RC Pro and you need to be vigilant with the direction you have the antennas pointed after a certain point. It's a fantastic little bird.

@ MS Coast I had a little hiccup too, I ran out of electrons before I ran out of feet ("AAA" battery)! Don't tell! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ssvdh66

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest