DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

constant disconnects. should i bother updating firmware, and how?

fivade

Reactions
Just received my mavic yesterday, and began setting it up with my Galaxy S8, only to find that every minute or so the GO app just states "disconnected", then sometimes reconnects after about 10 seconds, sometimes not until I restart the app.

It prompts for a firmware update but as it disconnects constantly, it doesn't have long enough to download or install the firmware.
So I calibrated the compass, configured all the settings, and took it outside, lifted off, hovered, and it disconnected again, and this time refused to connect.

So, I spent the £20, downloaded litchi, connected instantly, and worked fine for 25 minutes of very careful hovering and rotating, keeping it within a few meters.

I guess my question is, if all is working with litchi, should I bother going back and trying to update the firmware. and if so, I'm not sure how I can even do it with it disconnecting so frequently?

[sorry for the long first post - but I'm just keen to make sure I'm going about this the best way - don't want to take any chances with my new mavic!]

Try a complete removal of GO followed by a new download and install from the Google Playstore, sometimes that helps.

Had the same issue... Just put the phone in AIRPLANE mode and close all apps before flying.

I think I'll try the Assistant 2 app to update the firmware. Assuming I connect the drone to my PC first to update its firmware, then do the same with the remote?

Try the "GO 4 App" instead of "GO App".
I think Samsung Galaxy is Android.....Yes?

Are you using the cables the Mavic came with? Please try a high quality cable from Anker (Powerline + series). Everyone I've met personally that has these disconnect issues solved it when I gave them a high quality connection cable.

Yes- it's the GO 4 app I am using.
Having read about all the reported issues with the GO / go4 app on android I think I'll be sticking with the Litchi app. I just want to make sure I can update my firmware.

a few good suggestions on here, which I will be trying tonight.. thanks.

Yes- it's the GO 4 app I am using.
Having read about all the reported issues with the GO / go4 app on android I think I'll be sticking with the Litchi app. I just want to make sure I can update my firmware.

a few good suggestions on here, which I will be trying tonight.. thanks.

Sorry, I was asking about the physical cable you are using to connect your device to the RC. The cables that come with the Mavic aren't that great of quality and can easily be pinched with the arms of the RC. I can't recommend enough one of these: Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine+ Micro USB (3ft) The Premium and Durable Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ok, so I used the assistant app to update the firmware, connecting my drone then rc to the pc. both updated in around 15 minutes.
still not using the DJI app to fly, I think i'll stick with litchi seeing as I have already paid for it and it's working well.

I still haven't even been out of the back garden yet! Hoping for some good weather this weekend as I'll be heading to the countryside and taking the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun