DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Contra jour

KingRat

Reactions
I know it is only a little drone, with what is basically an APS compact camera under it, but I am getting more and more impressed with what this little sensor can deal with. Shot flying using 'tripod mode' about 4ft off the road as the sun came up yesterday morning. The lack of flare is impressive for such a small, probably plastic lens and only given basic lens coatings I suspect.

Shot RAW and processed today while I had coffee and home made cake, coffee and walnut naturally!

Xcountry-0390.jpg

I know it is only a little drone, with what is basically an APS compact camera under it, but I am getting more and more impressed with what this little sensor can deal with. Shot flying using 'tripod mode' about 4ft off the road as the sun came up yesterday morning. The lack of flare is impressive for such a small, probably plastic lens and only given basic lens coatings I suspect.

Shot RAW and processed today while I had coffee and home made cake, coffee and walnut naturally!

View attachment 114155
It is a very nice shot. I noted a bit of a flare behind the windshield. Perhaps you could clone it out.

Reactions: KingRat
It is a very nice shot. I noted a bit of a flare behind the windshield. Perhaps you could clone it out.

No I can't clone them out. That is far too advanced for me! I actually like those little meniscuses of light, the one by the screen and again mirrored in the shadow. The colours in the flare show there are some basic coatings.

No I can't clone them out. That is far too advanced for me! I actually like those little meniscuses of light, the one by the screen and again mirrored in the shadow. The colours in the flare show there are some basic coatings.
Then it's totally up to your own taste. I, myself, do whatever I can do to eliminate flare.

I don't know how to.... flag the lens usually, so it isn't there to clone out in the first place!
You mean a lens hood I think
Always use if shooting towards the sun

You mean a lens hood I think
Always use if shooting towards the sun

I actually use a flag, the same technique as you would use when using studio lights - I use my hand to flag the lens if making do - but not with spinning props!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998