DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Pompano Beach Florida

Reactions: RodPad and Erk1024
I got enough of the bits and bobbs of my Avata2 today to be able to fly it. Still missing one package with all the accessories. Seems to work well as an indoor drone (especially if you turn down the speeds in Normal mode). Note to self: put something heavy on top of the paper napkins. They got spread all over the living room. But I could definitely see it being useful for real estate. (I've made a little side money doing from time to time)

Later I took it outside. Wow. This is really fun to fly, fast too. Already crashed it. Seems unharmed. Tree slalom--bad idea. But this is kind of why I got this drone--to take some risks flying it. Good thing I got DJI refresh. Super happy I got it. It's like flying an X-Wing. Now I just have to find an interesting place to shoot some fly throughs.

Last edited:
Forum looks like it's full of pilots and not a lot of trolls, so I joined. I flew my Mavic Pro 2 for a few years, but recently got a Mavic 3 Pro and an Avata 2 is on the way. Photography is a big hobby for me, but Florida is a two dimensional state so it's a bit hard to get good vantage points. I'm basically using my drone as a 400 foot tall tripod. Hoping to do some nature photography near the Everglades (discretely in places where I'm only bothering mosquitos).

I got the Avata 2 as a ... casual, have fun flying, maybe indoor drone? I don't know. It's an experiment. Tried manual controls in a simulator--woof, that's challenging! Dang! LOL. I'll keep at it though.

Here is a shot I took of the Bay Bridge one morning in San Francisco with the M2 Pro.

View attachment 178154

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
-Eric
Hello and welcome

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmec24