DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the San Francisco Bay Area

Koomie

Reactions
Hi all,

I just recently got into drone photography. I’m in the San Francisco bay area. I also have a pal who has a drone and we go out most weeks to take landscape pictures around the bay.

I have the Mini 3 Pro and the Air 2S. I use the M3Pro for urban photography - it’s quiet and stealthy and easy to launch and land. I use the A2S for landscape photography as it has fantastic image quality and is perfect for the depopulated countryside where it is free to scream like a banshee (it’s a noisy drone).

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all,

I just recently got into drone photography. I’m in the San Francisco bay area. I also have a pal who has a drone and we go out most weeks to take landscape pictures around the bay.

I have the Mini 3 Pro and the Air 2S. I use the M3Pro for urban photography - it’s quiet and stealthy and easy to launch and land. I use the A2S for landscape photography as it has fantastic image quality and is perfect for the depopulated countryside where it is free to scream like a banshee (it’s a noisy drone).
Howdy neighbor, I'm in the 408. Welcome to the forum. Where do you typically shoot landscapes in the Bay area? If you are in a group that goes shooting on the weekends, are you open to new members?

Howdy neighbor, I'm in the 408. Welcome to the forum. Where do you typically shoot landscapes in the Bay area? If you are in a group that goes shooting on the weekends, are you open to new members?
My pal and I have been shooting around China Camp marshes - no drone restrictions there - and the East Bay near the shoreline alongside North Richmond. I’m absolutely open to others joining us - I’m sure my pal wouldn’t mind either. Usually Wednesday/Thursday evenings after work and sometimes weekends. We are currently looking for new legal locations to shoot landscapes and are probably going to head to southern Sonoma for some vineyard evening photography in the next couple of weeks. You are welcome to join us.

I just recently got into drone photography.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly On and Fly Safe…
Oh nice. I will definitely check the map out.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi all,

Greetings from Detroit. Welcome to the forum.

Hi, Koomie! Below is a copy of a post I wrote for another Bay Area droner:

The SF Bay Area is GREAT for droning. Just ask a Texan!

1. Try Treasure Island, just west of the dog park. You get a terrific view of the Bay Bridge and the SF Financial District. Early morning is best. You can also reach Alcatraz from there if you have Superman's vision.
2. Another good spot is the parking lot behind the Palace of Fine Arts, from which you can reach the east side of the GG Bridge (again, with Superman's vision).
3. A good spot for taking off to fly the west side of the GG Bridge is the cul-de-sac at the end of 25th St.
4. Alamo Park will give you a good view of the "Painted Ladies", with the Financial District in the background. The streets SURROUNDING Alamo Park have several beautifully-renovated Victorian houses even more spectacular than the Painted Ladies.
5. Flying above Coit Tower is a nice shoot. You can legally take off and land on the surface streets nearby. City employees have seen us controlling our drones from the Coit Tower parking lot, and didn't interfere.
6. Lombard Street, with its twists and turns, is a fun shoot. You can legally TO/Land from the sidewalks by the tennis courts.
7. JapanTown has a Pagoda and a really spectacular church. Be sure to go inside--the architecture and stained-glass windows are beyond belief.
8. Alcatraz is pretty ugly up close, but every Bay Area droner needs to fly it at least once. The best launch spot is the wood pier at the end of pier 45 ( I think that's the one). Nobody minds if you park right by the dumpsters. But watch out for the seagulls. They can get pretty aggressive while you're trying to land.
9. There is a drone-legal "island" within the Presidio--The Disney/ILM Center, from which you can TO/Land legally.
10. The East Bay: the wood fishing pier at Port View Park is a nice spot for shooting shipping activity and the south side of the Bay Bridge.
11. Most if not all city parks are off-limits to TAKE OFFs and LANDING of drones. You can legally TO/Land from city sidewalks and fly the parks. We've had the cops watch us take off and not bother us. SF is really a pretty drone-friendly town.

That's all I can think of for now. There's a LOT more!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hello Read your post. Also looking for a place to fly in the bay area. Please hit me back if you have any spots. Jeff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne