Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control latency

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello.

When I unboxed my Mavic pro the day I got it and flew it, I noticed a short latency with what I thought was the video.

I did some control tests. Turned out it was never the video. It's the control. The video there was some latency but it was fine. The control have latency that is both annoying and scary. It's one of the causes of the crash of my Mavic besides a possible medical thing. (A entire other story on an entire other thread)

The drone itself is fine, but I wanna make sure this doesn't happen again.

Can you be more specific on what you mean by latency? I assume you mean that you operate the control and the drone does not respond right away. Is it all the controls, or a specific control? How long is the delay between the control motion and the drone responding? Do you notice the problem as soon as the drone launches, or only when it is at a distance?

Reactions: tlswift58
Can you be more specific on what you mean by latency? I assume you mean that you operate the control and the drone does not respond right away. Is it all the controls, or a specific control? How long is the delay between the control motion and the drone responding? Do you notice the problem as soon as the drone launches, or only when it is at a distance?
There is no changes when at a distance, only when range is sufficient.

So you are experiencing a delay between when you operate a control and when the drone responds, even right after take-off. Is it all the controls, or a specific control?

So you are experiencing a delay between when you operate a control and when the drone responds, even right after take-off. Is it all the controls, or a specific control?
All control. It's barrable, but annoying

I wonder whether there might be some source of radio interference that is causing the latency. If that is the case you might notice that the response is better in some locations than others. But I'm a relatively new drone pilot myself, so others here might have a better idea.

Reactions: tlswift58
The Mavic Pro is normally very responsive, no delay at all. If yours has delay, I would suggest resetting the drone to factory settings.

Having read your other posts here on the forum, I REALLY don't like that controller aftermarket gain antenna you run either (this makes me think it was 2nd hand ?).

The M1P should get you SO FAR without any extra devices like that needed.

This device could be the reason for any latency, faulty would be a high possibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots