DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control settings

Ben B

Reactions
Hi all

The default stick layout for the Mini is #2
This is left stick for elevation and rotation, and right stick for horizontal movement
I understand this is pretty standard for the majority of drones.

I just can't get the hang of it. Maybe it's because I play Call of Duty too much, but I found it much more intuitive to have layout #3:
Left stick for horizontal movement, and right stick for elevation and rotation.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it's what I am more comfortable with, but what layout do you all use, and should I go back to #2 and train myself to use that?

Hi all

The default stick layout for the Mini is #2
This is left stick for elevation and rotation, and right stick for horizontal movement
I understand this is pretty standard for the majority of drones.

I just can't get the hang of it. Maybe it's because I play Call of Duty too much, but I found it much more intuitive to have layout #3:
Left stick for horizontal movement, and right stick for elevation and rotation.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it's what I am more comfortable with, but what layout do you all use, and should I go back to #2 and train myself to use that?

I'm the same way. Switched to stick layout 3 and found it far more natural to use. I was super happy to find you could change this, and even setup a custom stick layout if you really want to.

Fly using whatever you are most comfortable with ,it’s important to learn that control so it becomes second nature to you because you play games a lot you have got a leaned response it’s called muscle memory and you are already half way there so stick with it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb