DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control stick calibration is all wonky and won't complete.

Marc Hufnagel

Reactions
Got it today from the Apple store, charged it all up and fed it all the updates it asked for.

The only problem I'm having and is keeping me from flying it is the control sticks calibration screen.

The left stick , mode 2 reads '0' for the bottom travel until I start the calibration and then after the first movement reads 10%. Left and right on the same stick show a bit below horizontal because of this.

Also the finish button will not activate like it is supposed to and just stays dark. If I wait long enough I will get a 'controller calibration timeout' message and then the finish button is pressable.

thoughts?

Are you running the latest firmware and version of DJI GO? DJI made some RC calibration related changes. Their release notes are vague, so I cannot confirm that it fixes this specific issue.

Are you running the latest firmware and version of DJI GO? DJI made some RC calibration related changes. Their release notes are vague, so I cannot confirm that it fixes this specific issue.

Yes 3.1.0 updated this morning. I also deleted the app and reinstalled it. As far as firmware it is 1.02.0900 for both controller and craft.

Try going around a few times to see if you can get the stick to land at 0 when you release it. The calibration cannot be finished until you calibrate the left wheel. It should be done like this:

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
Try going around a few times to see if you can get the stick to land at 0 when you release it. The calibration cannot be finished until you calibrate the left wheel. It should be done like this:

That just may have fixed it, doing it the way in the video. I've always done my P4 just up / down / left right / wheel and that was it. After hitting the wheel the finish button lit up. The left stick did still read 10% until I pressed finish.

well it's nighttime now so no joy of trying it out tonight. Interested to see how it flies. thank you for posting that.

Fun times are ahead tomorrow. It's really a great aircraft :)

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
So now its not "wonky" and incomplete? :)

well using that method of moving the sticks allows it to complete so... tomorrow morning will tell the tale but I think it might be 'unwonkified' lol

Fun times are ahead tomorrow. It's really a great aircraft :)

No issues at all, flies beautifully. It is completely still outside but didn't go more than 50 feet up or out, want to get a little more accustomed to it before going on some adventures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka