DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(CONTROLLER)- Backpack Attachment During ActiveTrack

jwilson147

Reactions
Everyone,

Has anyone developed a reliable and secure way of attaching a mavic-sized controller to a back-pack when in Activetrack mode?

Filming alone in Active-track, most footage looks good, and the device is packed with sensors and smart cinematic shots, but everyone has the controller in their hands- that looks a little incongruous to say the least.

Would love to hear any attachment ideas, hacks, solutions that any of you have developed?

I just attach a lanyard around the controller and then when I don't want to hold it I sling it over my shoulder and across my chest so it sits like a messenger bag and doesn't dangle everywhere.

I just bought an M2Z and waiting for its arrival. My questions are: (1) must the controller be switched on during ActiveTrack operation? (2) If so, must the mobile be attached to it as well? I'm a keen downhill skier hoping I didn't buy the wrong drone for catching my skiing adventures.

Do you ski by yourself, with no trees around and at speeds of less 30 mph?

I have a mavmount 3 with the lanyard kit. Let's you hang it from your neck. It's still there, but you're hands free.

1566338192328.png

If you're on two wheels, you just need to steal the basket off your wife's bike :)

Reactions: ff22
I have a mavmount 3 with the lanyard kit. Let's you hang it from your neck. It's still there, but you're hands free.

View attachment 80049

If you're on two wheels, you just need to steal the basket off your wife's bike :)

That looked like fun and a great demostration of follow. In my neighborhood my drone would have been strangled by any number of power and/or telephone wires. Nevermind my 10 oak trees!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan