DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller batteries for changing the original one

pescobar61

Reactions
Hello. I need to know the facts about the controller battery. Dimensions and type of connector at least but I know it is 3,7 volts and 2600 mAh... Thanks in advance.

18650 type li-ion cell, the same as found in the mavuc mini flight battery, but just 1 instead of 2. I believe DJI have used Samsung branded batteries. This is a very common type of li-ion battery with standard dimensions, and widely available.

Reactions: pescobar61
If you open the controller you'll see exactly what cell it is and it's specifications
Buy only genuine Samsung cells, more reliable otherwise you could be changing it out again

Hello. I need to know the facts about the controller battery. Dimensions and type of connector at least but I know it is 3,7 volts and 2600 mAh... Thanks in advance.

does your controller no longer charge ?

Thanks for your advice. I think the better way is to buy an original one. I remember that's in a Bangood shop for €13 or so...
Best wishes from Ceuta, a Spanish town in Northern Africa.

You could probably pick up an orphaned controller cheaply if you needed one. There are lots of lost drones.

The battery most likely soldered in. Search Google for mavic mini controller teardown to see what one is like inside.

You could probably pick up an orphaned controller cheaply if you needed one. There are lots of lost drones.

The battery most likely soldered in. Search Google for mavic mini controller teardown to see what one is like inside.
I bought one now...thanks.

Reactions: scro

The battery doesn't look like it's soldered in but it does have that white battery balancing type connector
Can't be sure but it looks like their could be two batteries as there are 4 wires going to the connector

1593252369830.png

This is down to experience with e-cigs don’t buy 18650 batteries if they have fire in the name Trustfire & Ultrafire are renowned to be bad.
My Samsung’s are 3.7v - 3000 mAh the higher the mAh the longer they last between charges.

I wouldn't want an ultra fire ? inside my controller ?

3.7v and the mAh rating make me think its a single cell rather than 2. Not sure why it needs 4 wires, unless there are indeed 2 cells. The flight battery is 7.2v which is 2 cells in series.

Don’t solder the wires for the connector plug, soldering batteries can overheat them, damaging or possibly exploding them & you don't want a Li-Ion battery exploding.
You should spot weld them, spot welders for the job are around £10 to £20

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman